The Location Manager is responsible for the optimisation of the P&L of a specific airport, whilst ensuring each location remains regionally and / or globally relevant. The post holder primarily looks after a large portfolio of Core and Concession Locations (as per Air BP's Location Segmentation). The Location Manager interacts with a global network of Account Managers to coordinate Air BP's offer in response to customers' tender invitations.
• Developing an understanding of the competitive environment of all locations within the supply envelopes
• Gathering and analysing competitor and market information, maintaining Projected Relative Trading Positions (PRTPs) of locations to develop a pricing strategy to maximize margins by optimizing the volume/maring balance
• Proactive portfolio management - agree customer targets for each location (across all customer segments) with Account Managers, lead proposals for customers in order to optimise portfolio
• Developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders at airports in order to identify business development opportunities and ensure an operationally optimized portfolio
• Fully understanding and challenging (where necessary) the supply & logistics cost structure and ensuring airport steady states include most up to date costs
• Supporting, translating and delivering the appropriate Sales & Marketing strategy for a portfolio of airports ensuring alignment with the global sales strategies
• Establishing robust, effective and efficient relationships with Airport Operations, Supply & Logistics and impacted Joint Ventures, to align strategy and ensure optimisation of the value chain and continuous improvement of financial outcomes through leveraging supply and marketing for specific customers
• Liaising with Supply and Operations teams to understand current and future supply dynamics
• Managing data integrity within Air BP commercial tools and systems and reviewing forward P&L forecast
• Implementating and embedding of the various Air BP commercial tools such as Pricing Excellence, Working Capiltal, Runway to Excellence, Decision Economics & Portfolio Evaluation (DEPE)
Bachelor degree in business related curriculum
Essential experience and job requirements
5-7 years of relevant experience with a successful track record in Sales and Marketing.
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
• Ability to optimize P&L across multiple channels of trade and locations in line with Sales & Marketing account strategies
• Excellence in working with and connectivity to peers to ensure win / win outcome
• Ensuring that each location is globally relevant - critical success factor is federal behaviors, ensuring a strategic lens as opposed to a tactical approach
• Understanding of the aviation business and industry
• Ability to demonstrate strong cross cultural relationship building skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to influence and negotiate at both medium and senior levels internally and externally
Yes - up to 10%
Is this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future. Air BP is one of the most diverse international businesses in the BP Group with over 1,100 people from 40 nationalities working together in a truly global team. Our vision is to be 'the aviation fuel business that everyone wants to work with' and we believe our people are our most important asset. We are one of the world's largest suppliers of aviation fuel products and services - supplying over seven and a half billion gallons of jet kerosene and aviation gasoline to our customers across the globe each year. Through our direct operations, we fuel more than 6,400 flights every day, at more than 600 global locations in over 45 countries, serving customers from the private pilot to some of the world's largest airlines.
Industry Type :
Oil & Gas / Petroleum
Functional Area :
Corporate Planning / Consulting / Strategy / M&A