• Create a secure site
• Responsible for all traffic management internally and externally and road network cleanliness.
• Manage the installation of site facilities
• Create operational procedures and method statements
• Organize site inductions, ensure induction records are securely stored.
• Create a schedule of logistics meetings and ensure logistics is represented at site meetings.
Supply chain management
• Describe the characteristics of the site, including site access /egress, storage capacity, and arrangement by programme, labour, hoists, cranes etc
• Use the description to produce daily, weekly and long term movements plans
• Understand procurement arrangements
• Control materials in and out of site.
• Plan and integrate with key contractors to meet the needs of the planned programme and de-confliction of on site space and time where appropriate.
• Assist in the evaluation of potential logistic suppliers and appropriate delivery management booking systems.
• Be capable of managing sub-contractors to deliver their package of goods or services
• Variation control and early communication of foreseeable change
• Commercial/Contract basic understanding
• Utilize business management system procedures.
• Record keeping and key performance indicator (KPI) production.
• Embrace a delivery-focussed culture.
• Organize resources to enable contract deadlines to be achieved.
• Organize resources to work additional hours as required to meet project deadlines (eg extended site hours if required by client).
• Responsible for ensuring logistics activities are not a constraining factor on the program, where deemed unavoidable ensuring the issues are communicated in order that de-confliction can occur.
• Select a delivery management technique, process and system.
• Provide logistics instruction to all project suppliers.
• Manage all movements to and from site and keeping associated records.
• Enforce the full use of the organisation's delivery management system.
• Plan to and maximise load capacity on all vehicles arriving at site were possible, ensure suppliers use appropriate vehicles for delivery.
• Ensure that drivers and vehicles meet the required standards before being accepted to site.
Vehicles, plant, equipment and vertical transport
• Specifying and managing plant and equipment.
• Maintain an asset register of all equipment.
• Ensure vehicles and plant are operated safely by trained personnel and in a legally compliant manner
• Ensure all equipment is inspected, maintained and tested to agreed frequencies
• Have knowledge of hoists and cranes, and create and agree booking system to manage their capacity.
• Understand the roles of standard logistics operatives: laborer, waste operative, carpenter, hoist driver, handyman, traffic marshal, SIA guard.
• Ensure operatives are assured of their roles and responsibilities.
• Ensure competencies of own team are demonstrable.
• Recruitment of operatives.