Creative Associates seeks a Logistics and Security Manager for the Syria Essential Services, Good Governance, and Economic Recovery Task Order. The objective of the Task Order is to advance the Building Resilient and Inclusive Communities in Conflict (BRICC) objective of fostering resilience and stability in conflict-affected communities across Syria to prevent the re-emergence of extreme actors, empowering communities to negotiate a peaceful resolution to the conflict, and paving the way for safe, dignified, and voluntary return of internally displaced persons and refugees.
The Logistics and Security Manager will perform a broad range of clerical, secretarial and reception duties. As a member of the operations team, s/he provides timely staff services and efficient office operations in the areas of: voice communications, mail, inventory management, supplies and equipment maintenance. S/he will also work with the HQ Security Manager to manage and coordinate all Creative security and safety programs, plans and policies relevant to the project including detailed security procedures that comply with Creative security policies. This will include emergency response drills and communication procedures for the project.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Logistics and Security Manager will report to the Director of Finance and Administration.
• Conduct coordination of vehicles and drivers;
• Provide oversight of vehicle logs, vehicle maintenance; identifies vehicle needs and reviews driver time sheets;
• Coordinate transportation and delivery of inventory;
• Respond to procurement requests related to supplies and materials for project activities;
• Update database to track key information;
• Handle all email, mail and phone general inquiries and requests for information and materials;
• Collect departmental logistical updates for monthly organization report;
• Assist with ordering supplies and inventory, as needed;
• Assist with trip expense reports, photocopying, ordering books and materials as needed.
• Assist staff with mailing projects and provide support assistance; and
Perform other tasks as assigned.
Provide security, safety and risk mitigation and ensure that project staff complies with project security procedures;
Monitor and analyze the ongoing threat environment faced by the project and brief the leadership accordingly. Distribute threat warnings to all staff as appropriate. Ensure that appropriate risk migration measures are taken by the project to respond to the threats or changes in threats faced by the project, including physical protection measures, safe working routines, movement restrictions, protection equipment and security staff provision, as required;
Oversee movement control and coordination for the project, including driver and vehicle deployment and staff whereabouts;
• Oversee any security provider contracted by the project to ensure contractual compliance and performance of their duties, and act as the focal point of contact with the security provider;
• Report security incidents, violations and recommended corrective actions, as appropriate, to the Chief of Party (COP), the appointing authority and the HQ Security Department;
• Ensure all new employee/contractor personnel receive appropriate security orientations and briefings;
• Verify that all security devices such as locks, alarms, access systems and physical force protection measures are operational or reported for repair;
• Ensure visitor access and vehicle control systems are effective and appropriate for the threat environment;
• Work with the HQ Security Manager to maintain the project Crisis Response Plan in coordination with the COP and ensure that the contact information contained therein is always up-to-date;
• Provide a weekly security report to project leadership and HQ Security Department;
• Be able to assist with out-of-hours emergency response at the project, if needed;
• Serve as the liaison with the U.S. Embassy Regional Security Officer and/or equivalent U.S. Government personnel for project security matters;
• Assist the project with business continuity planning, as required;
• Ensure that the Creative Sensitive Information (CSI) Plan is distributed to and is being followed by project staff;
• In conjunction with program staff, oversee administration and logistical support to program activities, including program events and general program workshops;
• Manage project team in an open and respectful manner, working with local staff to build their competencies and capacity; and
Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
At least six (6) years of general work experience with at least three (3) in security management in the context of international development;
At least three (3) years of specific experience related to logistics requests related to supplies and materials for project related activities;
• Experience implementing security policies, procedures and protocol;
• Previous experience with USAID-funded projects preferred;
• Demonstrated ability to work well in teams and in a collaborative environment;
• Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented and flexible work style;
• Strong written and oral communication skills;
• Proficiency in the use of computers and Microsoft Office software;
• Ability to multitask;
• Demonstrated ability to handle confidential and/or sensitive information;
• Ability to work effectively in diverse work environments;
• Field-based security and crisis management experience;
• Advanced proficiency in spoken and written English and Arabic is required.