WE ARE LOOKING FOR AN EXCEPTIONAL CANDIDATE WITH EXPERIENCE IN LETTER OF CREDIT AND ADVANCED EXCEL.
The Logistic Assistant must have practical work knowledge of Import documentation and export documentation in a trading environment.
Knowledge of various documents required for sending the documents through bank either on Letter of Credit basis or on collection basis
This role will have focus on;
1) Coordinating with the forwarder/clearing agents for Custom clearing and receipt of Import shipments.
2) Execution of export documentation requirements for shipment from Jebel Ali to destinations especially in Africa, which include Letter of Credit shipment, commercial invoice, etc. Ensure that all documentation meets export regulations.
3) Preparing documents from Chamber of commerce and Attestation by Embassy
4) Follow up with customers and freight forwarder for Import/Export shipments and must know the status of all shipments.
5) Arrange details of shipments with forwarders, carriers as necessary for exports
6) Transacting of weekly shipments.
7) Documentation and data entry for all shipments including assisting logistic manager with daily functions.
8) Payment control to supplier and from customer.
The main objective & target of this job are;
1) To arrange shipping documents in a timely manner without any discrepancies.
2) To communicate concerned party (supplier and customer) to give shipping advice and share documents in a timely manner.
3) To arrange any required documents along with Letter of Credit and receive payment in a timely manner.
2. DIMENSIONS: Indicate the significant numerical data if any, applicable to the position showing those items for which the position has responsibility (e.g. budget, revenue targets, etc...)
To arrange export documents accurately in a timely manner.
3. MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES: Please identify major end results or accountabilities for the position. Write a maximum of 7 accountabilities.
1. Scheduling import and export shipment plan weekly.
2. Reporting payment (receivable and payable) status weely.
3. Sending export shipping documents to customers in a timely matter.
4. Communication with concerned parties (such as supplier & customer) in a timely manner.
4. ORGANIZATION STRUCTURE:
This individual will report directly to Logistic Manager in the same office.
5. INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS: Please show the internal and external relationships of the job (the internal and external sources of information, service, orders both given and taken).
Internal: Coordination with Logistics Team, Sales & Marketing team, Finance team.
6. KEY CHALLENGES: Please describe 1 or 2 major challenges which are critical in terms of performance of the position.
Handling 50 export documents (including Letter of Credit) oneself.
Learning product line up to have well understanding product.
Broad logistics knowledge required.
Control and follow up shipment for several countries at one time.
7. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: please state educational requirements for the position.
At least graduate from university.
Work Experience: what does a job holder require to deliver the expected results?
+5 years logistic background required
(Preferably with handling Letter of Credit)
Technical know-how: please state the technical qualifications required for the position.
Microsoft word and excel, Supply chain & Logistic system, Fluent English, Knowledge for finance costs including Letter of Credit.
Competencies: please list the competencies required (eg. flexibility, teamwork).
Sense of initiative, Priority setting, Schedule setting, Teamwork, Flexibility, Mind of improvement
8. KEY DECISIONS:
Knowledge of import and export in a trading environment.
Enough skill to handle logistic system and excel to issue shipping document.
Experience of handling Letter of Credit.