Under the direct supervision of Field Coordinator under the technical supervision Logistics Coordinator under the overall supervision Head of Mission in supervision of
Base Logistics Supervisor, Logistics Senior Officer, Logistics Officer, Drivers, Housekeeper
• GENERAL OBJECTIVE
The Base logistics manager is responsible for the smooth functioning of logistics on the base and its related program operations in North Lebanon (Akkar). He / She makes sure the resources necessary for carrying out the programs are available and actively participates in the base s safety organization.
Training and support to all base staff seeking to build an autonomous and efficient team.
• RESPONSABILITIES AND TASKS
• Supply Chain : He / She coordinates supplies and deliveries for projects. He / She guarantees that PU-AMI s procedures and logistics tools are in place and are respected.
• Fixed equipment : He / She is responsible of the management of the assets including ICTs, tele / radio communication equipment and for the base s energy supply.
• Fleet : He / She is responsible of the fleet management (availability, safety, maintenance etc.), of the smooth functioning of the base and the realization of activities in accordance with the plan and available budget.
• Premises : He / She supervises the premises management and ensures the premises of the base are adequate, maintained and safe.
• Coordination: He / She consolidates and communicates logistics information to the field Co and coordination and also coordinates internal base level logistics reports.
• Safety/Security: He / She contributes to the safety and security management of the base in coordination with the Humanitarian Affairs Advisor and the Field Coordinator
• He / She supervises transportation arrangements at field level, ensuring adequate and cost-efficient options are used
He / She plans and supervises the shipment and delivery of materials up to their final destination.
• He / She guarantees the management and monitoring of the base s stock, according to PU-AMI s procedures and tools.
He / She ensures that these are known to and understood by everyone and are applied on the base.
• He / She ensures that stock sites are appropriate to the base s needs and that merchandise is stocked appropriately in terms of location, layout and salubriousness.
• He / She supervises the monthly physical inventory, implementing spot checks as needed, and verifies the monthly stock report
• He / She verifies that all receptions and deliveries are properly documented
• MANAGING THE FIXED EQUIPMENT: TELECOMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT AND ENERGY
• He / She defines the base s technical needs and makes sure that their funding is possible, especially when new projects are being planned.
• He / She ensures the monitoring of equipment (state, location, proprietor/backer etc.) through regular updates of monitoring tools (property list) and the keeping of physical inventories.
• He / She supervises the installation of equipment and ensures they run smoothly and are maintained and ensures any necessary repairs are duly carried out.
• He / She controls the consumption of equipment, if need be, and, if required, carries out necessary adjustments in accordance with utilization procedures
• MANAGING THE CAR FLEET
• He / She defines, in close collaboration with the Logistics Supervisor, transport means adapted to the needs of projects associated with the base and makes sure that the funding of this transport is possible, especially when new projects are being planned.
• He / She ensures that vehicles are monitored (state, location, proprietor/backer etc.) and that monitoring tools are regularly updated.
• He / She ensures the vehicles are working properly, that they are properly maintained and any necessary repairs are duly carried out. He / She follows up on vehicle accidents or damage with the fleet manager and field coordinator.
• He / She controls the use of vehicles and, if necessary, makes any necessary changes to utilization procedures
• He / She makes sure, above all, that questions of safety relating to the utilization of vehicles (authorized people, exceptional circumstances, safety equipment etc.) are appropriately addressed in coordination with the Humanitarian Affairs Advisor
• He / She maintains an overview on the efficiency of the fleet use and proposes changes where necessary
• PREMISES MANAGEMENT
• He / She supervises the premises management at base level and ensure the premises are adequate, maintained and safe
• He / She participates in the identification of new premises, assessing different options and giving technical advice for the selection
• He / She supervises the contractual follow-up of all premises
• ENSURING THE CIRCULATION OF INFORMATION, COORDINATION AND REPRESENTATION ON LOGISTICS ISSUES
• He / She ensures that logistics information is effectively circulated between teams on the base, and the coordination. In particular, he / she ensure that the purchase follow-up is shared on a weekly basis, shares a bi-weekly sitrep to the Field Coordinator, and a monthly logistics report to the Logistics Coordinator
• He / She writes or participates in writing internal reports for all aspects related to logistics of the base.
• He / She contributes to the elaboration of project proposals and amendments in coordination with the program and administration departments. He / She ensures that Project Procurement Plan are designed at the time of submission.
• He / She ensures and / or supervises continued training of local members of the logistics team who are in the base on the procedures and tools of the PU-AMI.
• TEAM MANAGEMENT
• Direct management: team of 8 staffs (1 Supervisor, 2 logistics officers, 4 drivers, 1 housekeeper/cook)
• Language skills: Fluent in English
• Education degree: University degree in logistics, management or a related field
• Work experience: at least 2 years professional experience in a logistics function, preferably in an NGO
• Supply chain: Demonstrated skills in managing complex processes.
• Institutional backers : Familiarity with the procedures (OFDA, ECHO, AAP, UN agencies etc.)
• Computer skills: Good skills in networking and Internet. Very good knowledge in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Valid driving license (For minimum 2 years)
• Knowledge of PUI procedures
• Interests: Work in Relief
• Transversals skills:
• Sense of responsibility
• Ability to work under stress
• Organization and priority management
• Capacity to mentor