Responsible for the day-to-day Logistics operations as per the requirement of the company.
• Recommend optimal transportation modes, routing, equipment, or frequency.Negotiate transportation rates or services.
• Establish or monitor specific supply chain-based performance measurement systems.
• Plan or implement material flow management systems to meet terminal requirements.
• Train shipping department personnel in roles or responsibilities regarding global logistics.
• Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports, or customer issues
• Participate in carrier management processes, such as selection, qualification, or performance evaluation.
• Monitor product import or export processes to ensure compliance with regulatory or legal requirements.
• Negotiate with suppliers or customers to improve supply chain efficiency or sustainability.
• Recommend purchase of new or improved technology, such as automated systems.
• Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes, such as customer sales, order management, accounting, or shipping.
• Analyze the financial impact of proposed logistics changes, such as routing, shipping modes, product volumes or mixes, or carriers.