Position: Logistics Support Manager
Duration: 6 Months fixed term starting January 1 st 2020
Direct Line Supervisor: Area Manager Technical Supervisor: DCD - Operations
Established in 1990, Relief International (RI) is a leading global humanitarian, nonprofit organization committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development, providing them the tools and support they need to gain self-reliance.
Under the direct line management of the Area Manager and technical supervision of the DCD Operations, the Logistics support manager has a specific time bound role to drive the transition process of taking over new facilities from a donor Partner. During this period h/she will work to support the Logistics Coordinator in capacity building of operations staff and follows RI procedures to ensure timely implementation of those activities. This includes Planning, Procurement, Asset management, Warehouse & inventory management, Transport and Distribution. This specific role also requires highly motivated person with excellent working knowledge of supply chain & logistics aspects in resolving operational critical challenges as they arise in an emergency setup.
Essential Position Responsibilities and Duties
• Leads the transition process of facilities takeover from identified donor partner in Maban in line with the handover plan in place to ensure the below activities are timely undertaken.
• In consultation with DCD operations participates in identifying gaps, conducts capacity building of operations team at field level and follows to ensure correct use on tools in an accountable manner.
• Jointly with donor partner undertakes physical stock inventories in the facilities and ensure an accurate updated inventory report.
• Ensures accountability for stocks transitioning to RI through required stock handover documents e.g. donation certificates and generates GIK inventories in accordance with RI stock management procedures.
• Leads the assessment to establish storage needs and recommends to the Area Manager and DCD Operations any corrective actions.
• Ensure staff in charge of stocks control are adequately trained and capacity build on good warehousing standards and accountability
• Ensures good warehousing & inventory management systems are implemented and storage facilities are up the standards as per RI warehousing guidelines.
• In liaison with donor partner, participates in assets verification process in all facilities to determine existence, condition and ensure accurate updated asset register in accordance to RI asset management policies.
• Follows to ensure accountability, documentation and handover paperwork are correctly done ( I.e. Donation certificates and/or asset transfer certificates )
• Ensure that staff in charge of assets control are adequately trained and capacity build on good assets/equipment management standards and accountability.
• Together with the Area manage follows through to ensure fleet from the donor partner are well documented and utilization is planned for in an effective/efficient manner
• Supports the logistics coordinator to establish a well-functioning fleet system with sound fuel control mechanisms.
Facilities and property Maintenance
• Support the Area manager to assess the facilities and identify any needs for renovation or upgrades
Other (as needed or assigned)
• Represent RI in a positive and professional manner to contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of RI s mandate, ethics, values and stand-point with regard to other actors
• Ensure the application of, and compliance with, security protocols and policies of you and your supervised staff.
• Provide input to, and deliver, where applicable, training for national staff to increase their responsibilities in order to build capacity, and ensure sustainability of programs
• Performs any other duties as assigned by supervisor
• Responsible to ensure that all activities are conducted in accordance with RI policies and procedures, donor regulations and local laws.
• Responsible to ensure that all allegations of breaches of the Code of Conduct by staff reporting is made in accordance with incident reporting policy.
Qualifications and Requirements
• Degree in Procurement/Supply Chain Management/Logistics or related field.
• At least 5 years of general logistics experience and at least 3 years of experience in logistics in humanitarian organizations.
• High computer literacy level with expected proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF and Internet.
• Ability to work independently, take personal initiative, and multi-task including strong facilitation skills in an ever changing dynamic operational environment
• Excellent written and spoken English language skills.
• Strong administrative and organizational skills.
• Ability to coach others and work in a team environment with experience in conducting training.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, cultural awareness and ability to work effectively in an operational environment.
• The capability and willingness to be flexible and accommodating in sometimes difficult and challenging work situations.
• Commitment to and understanding of RI s aims, values and principles.
Experience with recognized international NGO will be an added advantage
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
• Transparency and Accountability
• Agility and Innovation
The closing date for applications is 01 January 2019.
Due to the urgency of this role, we will be reviewing CVs and interviewing candidates on a rolling basis. Interested candidates are asked to submit their application as soon as possible.