Huntington Ingalls Industries (Camber Corporation) provides mission-critical engineering and technical service to Information Technology, Federal Civilian, and National Security, Aerospace & Defense and International government and commercial customers at over 100 locations worldwide.
HII-Camber is currently seeking a Logistics Technician (Senior) Transportation to work out of Qatar . This position is contingent upon contract award.
The following statements of duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. These statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required of all personnel within this position. Actual duties and responsibilities may vary depending upon assignments and other factors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Logistics Technician Transportation shall perform mid/senior level of services to support transportation of personnel, equipment, and supplies, including but not limited to, the following:
• Provide licensed operators for vehicles, appropriate to assigned location, capable of operating manual transmission non-tactical and tactical vehicles.
• Provide licensed/certified operators for Material Handling Equipment (MHE) on site; examples include: forklifts up to 15K, 5 ton trucks, and 30 passenger busses.MHE varies by location. Transportation personnel shall maintain a commercial driver s license (class B) along with a bus driver endorsement for deployed locations or where requird.
• Coordinate, prioritize and schedule the transportation of customers (including distinguished visitors), equipment and supplies based on NGA/IC requirements in accordance with the standard operating procedure for the theater.
• Package and crate supplies and equipment, to include banding, taping, sealing or otherwise securing cargo appropriately and effectively.Utilize proper labeling, packaging, marking and documentation for cargo per the Defense Transportation Regulation (DTR).
• Inspect cargo and mail for compliance and movement eligibility.
• Arrange for transportation of hazardous materials, cargo, mail, and baggage as required.
• Inspect transportation activities and recommend corrective action as needed to the appropriate government representative.
• Assemble, palletize and transport aircraft cargo loads to and from the storage area and the transportation departure/arrival point.
• Complete travel forms, weight and balance records, international tariff rates and fare information for NGA and appropriate airlift authorities.
• Implement necessary safety, special handling and security precautions for all cargo.
• Prepare load plans based on the classification and movement of cargo.
• Conduct air traffic management activities; plan, coordinate and organize the use of air transportation resources.
• Develop and maintain applicable data reference files to support transportation activities.
• Provide all reports required to track personnel and equipment transiting the Central Command (CENTCOM) Area of Responsibility (AOR). Additional Duties:
• Contractor personnel performing deployment duties shall be responsible for completing standards tours of 180 consecutive days per deployment, at a minimum.
• Contractor personnel may be subject to working in harsh or hostile conditions. Contractor personnel must also be willing and able to live in temporary facilities (e.g. tents, warehouses, portable shelters.)
• The Contractor shall perform support activities in the deployed/travel environment in which all unit/team members are expected to participate in common duties.Examples of these duties include, but are not limited to:
• Destruction and Disposal (e.g. burning, shredding, melting, mutilation of materials)
• Common Area Cleanup (e.g. Pack, move, unpack equipment/materials; Disassemble, setup, move equipment/furniture; trash removal)
• Workplace/Facility Safety (e.g. Support safety inspections through preparation and conduct; participate in fire/other safety drills; attend safety briefings)
• Security (e.g. local escort support)
• Hardening (e.g. Prepare facility against hostile actions; fill sandbags)
Qualifications and Experience:
• Twelve (12) years minimum experience/Eight (8) years specilaized experience
• 1 year working in the deployed environment
• High School or equivalent
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent oral communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Proven success working on teams
• Skill in MS Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
• Desired: AFSC 2T or MOS 88 Series training Security:
• US Citizenship required
• Must have and maintain a valid U.S. passport
• Candidate must possess Secret Clearance
• All candidates will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation and drug screening per HII requirements.
Industry Type :
Defence / Military / Government
Functional Area :
Installation / Maintenance / Operations / Repair