Department Purpose: Educate A Child (hereafter EAC ) is a global program of EAA (Education Above All) with an aim to significantly reduce the number of children worldwide who are denied their right to education by providing learning opportunities. EAC works with partner organizations towards its mission to trigger significant breakthroughs in providing out of school children, facing extreme poverty, cultural barriers, and belonging to conflict-affected environments, an opportunity for a full course of quality primary education.
Monitoring and evaluation are synergistic and interdependent. Monitoring is a continuing function undertaken by EAC and its partners, which uses systematic collection of data to provide management and the main stakeholders of on-going project or program with early indications of success or lack thereof, against the progress in the use of allocated resources. And, Evaluation is the periodic assessment of either completed or on-going project or program to determine the extent to which they are achieving stated objectives, or the extent to which change (success or failure) in the targeted results can be attributed to its interventions.
Role Purpose: R esponsible for providing functional and technical support for designing; planning; developing and; improving database(s) suitable for EAC Information management needs-including data capturing, processing; reporting; security; controlling access; and preparing documentations of all database procedures and guidelines.
Scoping Data Needs
• Regularly discuss system functions with M&E team and developer
• Regularly discuss needs of EAC teams for data collection and reporting
• Working with developer and EAC team, transform needs into requirements
• Working with developer and EAC team, transform requirements into specifications/rules
• Work with EAC staff to ensure system is user-friendly
• Work with M&E team to functionality meets reporting needs
Reviewing and Maintaining System
• Regularly review system functions,
• Test (and approve) new functionality.
• Identify and fix problems or upgrade needs
• Track and approve all updates to system
• Suggest, develop and manage new functionality
• Ensure system has appropriate level of security
• Assist users with troubleshooting activities and keep logbook.
Training and technical support
• Provide training and technical support to internal and external users on system functions including developing user manuals and guidelines
• Develop guidance and orient on-line users on appropriate use of the EAC database.
• Work with partners on improving database to make it more user-friendly
• Work with EAA IT staff to ensure compliance with EAA Policies and standards.
• Work with EAC staff to ensure system meets needs of management
• Work with EAC departments to ensure the database system meets their needs.
• Provide staff with appropriate levels of access to database
• Assist with management for contract with external consultants for database development and support.
• Maintain positive professional relations with external and other contractors as needed.
• Support M&E team with responses to users on database functions.
• Identify and provide appropriate data for reports and provide input into research
• Acts as OIC for M&E Data Analyst as needed.
• Manage time efficiently and effectively
• Deliver high quality professional products on time
• Maintains the highest level possible in relevant quality products and processes
• Demonstrates high level of ability to manage core processes of data system planning, monitoring and improving performance
• Demonstrates extraordinary customer service by fulfilling all stakeholder requirements within the accepted standards of time, cost and quality
• Complies with all the laws and regulations of the State of Qatar and the policies of EAA
• Maintains regular attendance, punctuality and dedication to position; consistently arrives to work and departs from work as scheduled
• Deals with non-negotiable integrity in all matters at the workplace and outside of work
• Accepts responsibilities in different shifts, both outside normal working hours and during official holidays, on occasion and if required by the organization
• Demonstrates respect for colleagues and works as a team member
• Performs all other duties, within a reasonable boundary, as assigned by the supervisor or Director from time to time
Strategy and Business Plan
• In conjunction with and as required by Senior Management, contribute to the formulation and implementation of EAA s strategy in line with EAA s vision and mission.
• Ensure that strategy is translated into objectives for EAA s departments and that performance is monitored and managed to ensure achievement of these objectives.
Budgets and Plan
• Provide input to M&E departmental planning and budgeting including staff ensuring that EAC information database is sufficiently resourced and appropriately structured to deliver on its objectives.
Systems and Processes
• Develop and oversee the implementation of EAC Information database policies, procedures and controls covering all areas of the database so that all relevant procedural/ legislative requirements and standards are fulfilled to ensure that EAC and EAA deliver a world-class service.
• Manage the cost-efficient usage of all applicable resources to reduce wastage and unnecessary expense.
Change Management & Continuous Improvement
• Contribute to managing change in M&E and EAC teams by providing inputs for and taking part in change initiatives, programmes and projects that reflect international best practice in information management and changes in the competitive environment.
• Promote and drive continuous improvement across EAC information management systems as whole in order to achieve the organization s mission, vision and strategy.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Database development/management experience
• Experience using SQL and PostgreSQL
• Experience with GIS software
• Excellent logical and analytic skills
• Professional level English competency, particularly written English
• Strong attention to accuracy and detail
• Experience and understanding of database languages
• Full command of Microsoft Office programs
• Ability to use graphics-related software
• Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent Computer Science, Information Technology or Related Field.