The Machine & Electric Equipment Winding Technician supports the HAWK and Patriot Logistics Sustainment Services (HPLSS) Program. Rewinds various kinds of electromechanical equipment including but not limited to single phase, three phase, DC fields, armatures, wound rotors, and transformers. Observe proper insulating techniques and requirements during rewinding. Inspect various kinds of electromechanical equipment for damage and evidence of electrical malfunctions. Participates in on-the-job training (OJT) programs. Possesses knowledge of safety policies, procedures, and standards, Test condition of various motor windings, dismantles and/or strip damaged and unserviceable electromechanical equipment, prepares all usable parts for rewinding and inspects renewed parts for hidden structural damage. Operate specialized repair and test equipment such as winding machines, test panels, surge testers, burnout ovens, hand held power tools and performs any other skill related duties as directed by supervisor that are covered under the currently approved TAA. This position is located in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
Requires a current Secret Clearance
Must be able to obtain a Saudi Arabia work Visa
• Must have a minimum of four (4) years of experience in troubleshooting, test and failure repair of electromechanical equipment
• Must have experience in troubleshooting, fault isolation, repair, test and checkout of electromechanical equipment.
• Experience with single phase, three phase, DC fields, armatures, wound rotors, and transformers.
• Experience in reading and understanding engineering drawings and electric and electronic circuit schematics.
• General knowledge in rewind procedures for various types of electro-mechanical equipment.
• Knowledge of the Patriot Missile System
• R6Sigma Certified
• Prior Middle East assignments
Required Education (including Major):
Associates Degree in Electro-Mechanical technology from a Technical School or Military Equivalent. Equivalent experience on the basis of two (2) additional years of experience for each one (1) year of higher education