Mainframe Engineer Job vacancy, we are looking for experienced and talented Mainframe Engineer for Dubai. Category Mainframe Engineer/Engineering Jobs.
• Serves as a technical resource around mainframe systems engineering and provides guidance and technical coaching to less experienced staff.
• Participates in infrastructure planning, providing insight into the future of their area(s) of technology.
• Receives performance data and analyzes the performance of installed technologies. Proposes and implements any required changes, including identifying and planning for any resulting impacts on other technologies.
• Provides technical leadership to project teams in their area of expertise and/or leads teams to complete projects specific to their area(s) of expertise.
• Design and develops disaster recovery and contingency plans related to mainframe storage.
• Demonstrates broad technical knowledge of multiple technologies, or an in-depth knowledge of one technology including its impact on other technologies.
• Maintains thorough understanding of current and future infrastructure.
• Expert knowledge of the Mainframe Operating System and Hardware, specifically Z/OS internals, PRSM management concepts, DLM, ISMF, VMAX, SMP/E, HCD, disk I/O gens , IPCS, JES2&3, TSO/E, ISPF, JCL, IDCAMS, and VSAM
• Excellent knowledge of the mainframe storage, specifically core components such as DFSMS ( Data Facility System Managed Storage) would include SMS, HSM, DSS, DFP, ISMF, ACS.
• Strong Rexx coding skills.
• Good understanding CA-1 Tape Management Software, VMAX disk arrays, SRDFA replication, OAM for SMS tape and DLM virtual tape hardware/software
• Skilled in supporting user exists. Good working knowledge of High Level Assembler language to maintain many NYL usermods and system exits.
• Good working knowledge of the Mainframe UNIX System Services.