Mainframe Security Consultant:
Mainframe Security Consultant
11 to 25
Job Description & Role:
Design, develop, test, implement and review comprehensive system access & security solutions at a subject matter expert level.
Provide day to day support for administration and continual review of security process for the mainframe Z environment
Provide consultancy, guidance and skills transfer regarding IBM z/OS Security Server (RACF), z/Secure Product Suite including CARLA, RACF utilities and scripts
Coordinate & provide active liaison with the client Security Department as well as other teams in support of the mainframe Z environment to provide reporting, guidance and manageable solutions to tasks and queries raised by other teams, other departments and senior management
Assist in audits and compliance initiatives across the Z environment as well as providing assistance to teams across the mainframe organization as well as supporting other platforms
Provide and manage and maintain localized utilities, scripts and panels to assist the team with day to day reporting and administration
Work with the Technical Manager and team colleagues in planning and implementing initiatives to continually improve the security mechanisms in place
Very good understanding of mainframe Z RACF profiles and resources as well as techniques to effectively and securely manage all the standard mainframe disciplines including System Programmers, Storage, Operations, Middleware, Network and Hardware as well as other support areas such as Applications using RBAC methodologies.
Knowledge of encryption technologies and certificate management techniques
Ability to present and discuss new security initiatives as well as keeping up to date on new and continuing evolvement of security enhancements, techniques and security initiatives in maintaining a modernized mainframe security environment.
Candidates must be senior-level with z/OS Security Server (RACF) and be able to address queries and questions about RACF, its command structure and interfaces as well as securing access to z/OS and its associated subsystems including CICS, DB2, MQ and zWAS.
- Preferably 10 years or more experience with mainframe z/OS Security Server (RACF) Administration using commands and understanding profiles
- Highly skilled with RACF System Programming understanding and usage of RACF utilities
- A very good understanding of z/Secure Suite understanding both administratively and usage of Admin, Alert, Audit, Visual, Command Verifier
- Good understanding of CARLA language
- A good understanding of z/OS, TSO, ISPF, SDSF, REXX
- A good understanding of REXX, CLIST, JCL and IBM utilities
- Technical understanding and experience of Encryption techniques, RACF Digital certificate and certificate and key management is a plus
- A good technical understanding of security management for subsystems including Automation, Omegamon, Db2, CICS, MQ, zWAS and USS
- Good knowledge of the encryption algorithms and methods to protect digital data confidentiality.
- CISSP and other certification is a plus.
- MQ Series
- CARLA Language
- Good presentation skills with good knowledge of Sharepoint and Microsoft Office tools including Excel, Power Point, Word and email
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Ethical behavioral characteristics essential including honest, loyal, trustworthy, reliable, patient, hardworking, team working with willingness to support, communicative, learning new skills and sharing knowledge and skills to others.
- Willingness to work outside normal business hours and provide support in resolving escalations and high severity incidents and alerts.
- Ability to establish and maintain trusting and close work relationships z/OS System programmers, DB2 DBA, Operations and Middleware Support Teams as well as establishing a good technical and working relationship with the Technical Manager
- Can work well independently and with team colleagues with minimal supervision and possesses self-motivation and the ability to multitask on many initiatives and projects assigned by the client and Technical Manager.