Planning, organizing, and conducting or supervising the maintenance, repair, and alteration of school buildings, grounds, facilities and new construction, and ensuring that jobs are completed efficiently and within regulatory guidelines and projected deadlines.
• Supervising schools maintenance services, security and cleaning operations, and the implementation of new programs and/or processes.
• Inspecting new construction, repair work, grounds, special projects, equipment, work orders, daily maintenance, and supplies for the purpose of ensuring that projects are completed efficiently.
• Researching new products, for the purpose of recommending purchases, and maintaining a wide range of services.
• Responding to all maintenance-related inquiries from different stakeholders for the purpose of resolving problems, providing information, and/or referring to appropriate personnel.
• Conducting a daily health and safety check.
• Ensuring that the school grounds are attractive and well-kept by planning work assignments and actively supervising the quality of groundskeeping services.
• Ensuring that established standards are achieved by regularly inspecting the work of grounds personnel, directing corrective measures to be taken when necessary and appropriate, in addition to conducting and coordinating the training of groundskeepers on the safe and proper operation of all tools and equipment.
• Providing a safe campus environment by supervising and coordinating the removal of any unnecessary obstacle from all school grounds and checking on the following: toilets (leakage, broken, exhaust fan), lighting of classes/administration building, broken glass, boards, AC temperature gym equipment, chlorine testing in the swimming pool (if available), school maintenance book (if any request).
• Providing general maintenance work including but not limited to painting (classes, administration, fence or wall, toilets etc.), AC maintenance and supervision, electricity quality survey & electrical repairs/telephone (cabling, fixing), plumbing, renovation, fire extinguisher/expiry date /status etc.
• Setting up and maintaining a maintenance request procedure.
• Managing the school transportation system.
• Responsible for performing safety drills and supporting the emergency response teams in crisis situations to ensure district readiness in emergency situations.