• Graduate of B.Sc. in Mechanical/Electrical/Civil Engineering.
• 5 years' experience in multi-disciplined maintenance work in the mining industry.
• Participates, in coordination with the Maintenance Superintendent, in the preparation of maintenance schedules for mobile equipment, vehicles, electrical, instrumentation and A/C equipment according to manufacturers recommendation, condition of equipment and operational experience to ensure the maximum utilization of labor resources and availability of material and equipment.
• Liaises with Mechanical/Electrical/Civil Foreman and prepares maintenance activity schedules based on manufacturers recommendations, plant operational experience, condition of equipment, etc. Develops sequential activity charts and schedules estimating manhours required, equipment and associated materials, movement of staff and location of work.
• Collates information and enters details into computer software including analyzing data collected, identifying and assigning priorities to jobs and specific tasks, verifying time, and manpower against historical data, analyses actual time of job against schedule time, generates work sheets and other planning schedules/check lists for jobs, work crews, overall plan, etc. Analyzes and adjusts plans and schedules to maximize efficiency and discusses/resolves deviation of actual time from scheduled time.
• Attends daily meetings to discuss and coordinate schedules, timing, critical and lower priority work, identifying manpower and equipment requirements.
• Receives work orders, ensures proper authorization and distributes them to the relevant sections. Includes keeping records of all work orders received in proper files.
• Analyzes work orders received and prepares Issue Requisitions, M.P.R.'s etc., to ensure that required materials are available when required to reduce down time.
• Monitors status of work completed during planned and emergency shutdown and prepares and records hours and material used for every Work Order for cost purposes.
• Visits relevant mine and shop maintenance personnel to ensure work activities, schedules and timing are effectively understood and maintained.
• Performs other similar or related duties such as maintaining updated details of manpower numbers on site, equipment and materials used, maintaining files and records for maintenance shutdowns and projects, observing fire and safety rules.
For manpower pooling. Beware of illegal recruiters and traffickers.