• Bachelor s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
• 10 years' mining maintenance experience, including supervisory experience.
• Superintends and coordinates activities of subordinates engaged in setting up, installing, repairing and maintaining machinery and equipment and in fabricating parts, tools, equipment, etc. Directs electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic maintenance. Manages the maintenance of all surface and open pit assets of Sukhaybarat/Bulghah Mines, including electrical power generation, compressed air, crushing, grinding, stacking/irrigation, town site and water facilities.
• Supervises the activities of assigned Maintenance personnel. Performs supervisory functions and exercises financial authority at the department head level as established by Management.
• Coordinates the scheduling of all maintenance activities for the Mine. Includes re-scheduling backlogs, setting lead times to meet deadlines, and adjusting schedules to meet operational needs. Develops and adheres to preventative maintenance schedules. Ensures that maintenance requirements complement operational requirements.
• Develops predictive maintenance program to improve equipment reliability and availability.
• Coordinates and approves all parts, equipment, and consumables. Liaises with Warehouse to expedite orders as required to ensure consistency of maintenance activities. Continuously coordinates with Warehouse and Purchasing to adjust stock/reorder levels for critical maintenance items based on new demands and delivery schedules.
• Monitors maintenance costs against budget and provides commentary against variances as required.
• Produces daily and monthly maintenance reports for management information and action.
• Supervises the department s implementation of Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) programs. Attends and provides input to strategy and policy development and review meetings; ensures that the promotion of the company's policies and procedures in the Maintenance department is effective and monitors activities to ensure compliance. Participates in Incident Response and Command activities, reviews and comments on incident reports and carries out independent investigations of all accidents and near misses involving own staff or facilities. Ensures that all contractors/consultants are fully briefed on the Company's HSE regulations and signs accordingly during contract signing. Provides independent advice and comments on HSE issues to improve Company programs.
• Sets engineering standards for all off-site repairs and refurbishment. Carries out final inspection of critical repaired items including witnessing acceptance tests and compliance with design criteria.
• Sets standards and approves supplier designs for all new equipment or reordered existing machines destined for use on the mines.
• Supervises and participates in the training of Saudi nationals assigned to his department.
• Performs other similar or related duties such as researching new and improved methods or equipment for mine maintenance, preparing annual operating and capital maintenance budget, preparing mechanical and civil engineering designs, administering damage and loss insurance claims, etc.
For manpower pooling. Beware of illegal recruiters and traffickers.