Mall Manager Job Description
• A mall manager is responsible for both the behind-the-scenes and customer-facing operations of a retail shopping center. A typical day may include negotiating a lease with a retailer, handling maintenance requests, or contracting security agencies. Additionally, the mall manager is the face of the mall, handling customer complaints and public relations.
Mall Manager Duties and Responsibilities
Research Local Economic Market
• Generally speaking, the mall manager must understand the market in which the mall is located. A familiarity with which retail outlets will experience success within the shopping center will ultimately contribute to the success of the facility.
Coordinate Mall Employees
• On a day-to-day basis, a mall manager is presented with challenges that require the coordination of staff. These challenges may take the form of coverage shortages, maintenance requests, the presence of law enforcement, custodial issues, or customer complaints.
Advertise and Market the Mall
• While the individual stores within a mall are responsible for their own marketing, the mall manager must ensure the mall itself is represented. Marketing responsibilities may include events planning, community outreach, or advertising via mainstream media. The mall manager also creates an enticing environment to attract prospective tenants.
Full Description of Job Responsibilities:
• Supervise and manage shopping mall operations incl. property management, tenant management, customer service, contract services such as Facility management, cleaning, security, maintenance, etc.
• Ensuring smooth day-to-day functioning of the shopping mall, facilitating good environment for retailers business activity and pleasant shopping environment for customers
• Handle the day to day operations in the Mall ensuring operations are kept up to the highest quality standards in order to meet all tenant and customer requirements.
• Coordinate mall team and contractor employee works to oversee daily operations incl. maintenance, security & cleaning, pest control, waste collection, mall administration and customer service
• Conduct tenant orientation meetings for the entire Mall, covering emergency procedures, communication systems and other security procedures relating to the tenants of the Mall.
• Maintain a strong working relationship with all important Municipal Emergency services including Police, Civil Defense, and Fire & Para Medic Services.
• Identify & inform Management of any
More than 5 years
Not Specified at least