The Manager, Academic Administration is responsible for managing all organizational and administrative support function in the Dean's Office.
• Contribute to the development of the Department's strategy, as well as annual business plans.
• Contribute to the development of the Department's policies and procedures, in line with the overall business objectives of the University, ensuring they promote leading practices and excellence.
• Contribute to the development and management of the Department s budgets and report back on a timely basis to ensure that divergences are addressed promptly.
• Manage and supervise the college of Science administration staff as well as the management of performance, development and career of administrative staff, includes provision of guidance, feedback and direction.
• Contribute in the development policies and procedures applicable to the Dean's Office, which are endorsed by the Dean of Science, ensuring that they promote leading practices and excellence.
• Provide assistance and support to the Dean of Science in problem solving, development and execution of the department s goals and objectives.
• Development and implementation of faculty recruitment process in alignment with HR policies.
• Development and implementation of faculty appraisal framework in alignment with HR policies.
• Support the Dean of Science in finalizing and processing the required documents for faculty annual appraisal forms and promotions in coordination with the Human Resources Department.
• Oversee and facilitate resources management and administration procedures and documentations under the supervision of the Dean of Science.
• Managing the continuous development of faculty (professional development) in terms of identifying training / certification requirements and planning for implementation.
• Managing the programs development process (faculty to develop programs and curriculum according to certain processes and timeline, this manager is to make sure that faculty adhere to such processes and timeline).
• Managing the accreditation process in coordination with faculty and Institutional Effectiveness.
• Managing student evaluation processes in collaboration with the Institutional Research and Planning to ensure that they are within the required standards.
• Oversee examination processes in collaboration with the Registrar s Office to ensure that examination deadlines are met and that they comply with the policies and procedures.
• Perform research and analysis reports and take responsibility for specific projects as requested and allocated by the Dean of Science.
• Organize and attend meetings, and other events related to the Office of the Dean of Science, as appropriate.
• Coordinate the disposition and/or resolution of faculty member problems and respond to any queries or concerns in a timely and efficient manner.
• Ensure the understanding and interpretation of the University s policies and procedures, when needed, to ensure that the team complies in all assigned tasks.
• Managing the academic counselling according to applicable policies and framework.
• Ensure adherence to the University's information security policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly.
• Ensure coordination with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed.
• Perform any other tasks assigned by Line Manager.
• Provide coaching, guidance and mentoring as required to enhance the internal capabilities of the team and ensure the achievement of established objectives and plans.
• Recommend appropriate training courses as per the pre-determined training needs, evaluate their effectiveness, and monitor their results.
• Carry out performance appraisals for subordinates according to planned schedules and recommend necessary actions as per the applied practices.
• Conduct periodic meetings with subordinates to ensure that priorities are clear and workflow is running smoothly.
• Follow-up on employees' administrative affairs such as vacations, leaves and other administrative and related affairs.
• A Bachelor s Degree in related field.
• A minimum 12 years of relevant experience.
• A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience