Vacancy Available for UAE Nationals only.
Nominated as the Post Holder , the Aviation Security Manager is the approved party by the GCAA to lead and manage the Air Arabia identified civil aviation security measures as per UAE- NCASP and in adherence with corresponding CAA regulations in the Foreign States. He/she shall ensure that all security measures are implemented, communicated, assessed and complied with at all times.
Key Result Responsibilities
• Defines and develops Air Arabia s security policies and procedures and related manuals to be validated by the Group Chief Executive Officer all in accordance with GCAA/CAA rules and regulation pertaining to this function and in accordance with Company s overall policies, procedures and security objectives.
• Partners with Stakeholders to: review and assess the Company s assets, facilities, equipment and activities to identify security needs and threats; develops necessary security measures to eliminate risk and enhance security; implements approved measures and communicates accordingly.
• Develops/ amends the Aircraft Operator Security Program for Air Arabia ensuring its compliance with the National Aviation Security Program Annex 17 and the other aviation authorities (CAA) in the respective areas of operation. Maintains a current and up-to-date AOSP endorsed by Senior Management prior GCAA review and acceptance.
• Evaluates, reviews and conducts inspections to encourage internal security audit and quality control practices and ensure the effectiveness of the Aircraft Operator Security Program . Advises on and manages all security systems in use by Air Arabia ensuring the cooperation of line managers.
• Assists in the management, develops, and implements operations security standards and procedures in accordance to national/international aviation security legislations ensuring maximum security measures are taken to safeguard passengers, crew, staff and property without any compromise on those measures caused by break-down of Air Arabia s Security Management System.
• Manages the selection, performance and evaluation of the right manpower to deliver standardized and approved security measures for Air Arabia in UAE and Foreign States; ensures the availability of competent security officers, to manage the security checks as per adopted procedures at all times, and supports the hubs in maintaining with focus on legality, quality, and efficiency.
Qualifications (Academic, training, languages)
• Bachelor degree in Management/Aviation or equivalent; alternately a diploma or certificate in the related field from a recognized university or institute combined with needed experience and exposure.
• Must have attended Appropriate Government/ IATA Aviation Security Course for Security Managers.
• Must have completed investigations/Interview techniques courses including techniques in detection of forged travel documents and passengers profiling.
• Skilled report writing is required to ensure that complex reports are properly and clearly described.
• Professional membership of associations related to the Aviation/Airlines industry is a plus.
• Project Management certificate or alternately the proven corresponding working experience is a must.
• Cost Control, Compliance, Audit and Quality Assurance certificates and trainings are an added value.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Very good in English and Arabic Languages.
• 7+ years of experience in the Aviation/Airlines industry, 5 years of which in Aviation Security in a similar capacity; 3 years at least in the training field is required for this role.
• A sound knowledge of Government Immigration Acts, Police & Criminal Evidence Acts.
• Has extensive exposure on Civil Aviation Authorities, particularly GCAA; familiar with all rules and regulations of GCAA pertaining to the Aviation Security , policies, procedures, manuals, etc.
• Good exposure on investigation procedures.
• A very good knowledge and exposure on airline and Flight Operations, SGHA contracting formalities and standard regulations; good understanding of Flight crew thought process.
• A balanced personality, composed, capable of dealing with threats and emergency cases with focus, analytical thinking, efficiency and commitment to successful safe results.
• Very good knowledge and working exposure to Quality Assurance /Safety/Internal & External Audit functions.
• Experienced in designing, implementing, and monitoring security policies, procedures and operating manuals.
• Demonstrates exceptional work habits; high accuracy and attention to both results and details.
• Ability to produce, interpret, assimilate data and express ideas and concepts clearly.
• Proven skills in analyzing data, identifying pitfalls and recommending cost-effective solutions.
• Cost-oriented, possesses effective problem solving and decision making skills.