The Campus Physical Development Office seeks an incumbent for the position of Manager to lead and manage the CPDO team to meet operating goals of the department in Abu Dhabi campus. The successful candidate will provide overall administrative management and coordination of a variety of projects related to the new campus in AUH. Planning and supervising will be key roles played as a manager of the department.
Managing Operations in AUH Campus:
• Provides leadership and management for the facilities operations of the Abu Dhabi campus and related sites. These responsibilities include planning support, supervision, project management of contracts.
• Leads and manages the day-to-day operations of CPD AUH and the facilities management services provided by external services providers.
• Prepares and analyses data related to facilities such as space inventory, and provides appropriate suggestions and ideas to aid management decision-making.
• Manages daily administrative and operational business associated with the department; ensuring that standards for quality and quantity of work from FM company are met.
• Plans and implements long and short term plans and programs for CPD.
• Works with the Director for planning, budgeting, and operation of the CPD Department in AUH.
• Directs and guides CPD team to gather relevant data and market information to support negotiations with consultants and contractors. Reviews and evaluates their cost effectiveness.
• Supervises staff and is responsible for effective team performance, reviewing performance and evaluations
• Leads change within CPD which is aligned with the new culture at ZU
Project and Event Management:
• Plans and manages a comprehensive portfolio of projects/ programs with university constituents for communication and coordination including facilities management programs, cleaning security, access system/procedures and any other projects initiatives.
• Participates in the planning and budgeting process for new projects and scope management.
• Defines project work scope and estimates and tracks progression based on cost, quality and time factors.
• Provides Project management and supervision within the Campus Physical Development Office for various University projects in a professional manner.
• Conducts risk management on various programs or initiatives, as required.
• Prepares project specifications and initial drawings where possible, and discusses the project with consultants, contractors and architects.
• Prepares reports on progress and recommends changes in campus development plans, project status and budget status.
• Prepares invitations to tender for various projects, renovations, etc.
• Meets users of facilities from various departments for exchanging ideas and understanding their needs and requirements before preparing final plans for any project.
• Liaises and provides support to the various campus departments for planning and delivery of university events and programs.
Creating and Maintaining Policies and Procedures:
• Prepare plans, proposals, policies and procedures for CPD operations in AUH campus in conjunction with the CPD director.
• Establishes procedures for communication and coordination with project constituencies.
• Utilizes relevant computer programs for presentation of planning procedures.
Building effective relationships internally and externally:
• Builds and nourishes relationships at appropriate levels with ZU community and service providers.
• Acts as the primary administrative liaison with users of AUH campus facilities, including academic units, administrative departments and student organizations.
• Manages the outcomes of a variety of committees including Facilities Management, Move & Communication.
• Represents CPD Director at weekly AUH leadership meetings.
Carries out any other project or assignment related to the position as required from time to time.
Should possess a Master s degree in Project Management or Engineering from an accredited institution. And a minimum of 10 years of experience in the areas of project management, facilities management or an equivalent combination of education, skill or experience
Other Essential Requirements:
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills to interact with a diverse range of individuals
• Proficiency in written and spoken English.
• Conversant in using IT applications, in particular MS Project.
• Business experience in the UAE an asset.
• Excellent project management skills.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills.
• Strategic thinker.
• Proven experience leading a team.
• Commercial acumen and ability to gather and analyze market data.
Desired or preferred requirements:
• Experience working in an academic environment.
The University s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries, housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter, a current CV, and the names and contact details of three professional references.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.