The job holder will be responsible for implementing marketing strategies to develop the Concept brand / brands in line with the Concept objectives and ensuring that positioning of the brand is consistent throughout the region and new markets for the brands.
** Brand Building
• Develop Concept/ Brand attributes and positioning strategy in line with the Concept objectives.
• Ensure that the entire brand building strategies/exercise is implemented in all the stores and in all the territories.
• Liaison with Media Agencies/Consultant to develop appropriate theme board/communication methodology in line with concept objectives.
• Develop/maintain a website for the brand that is in line with brand image.
** Promotions and Events
• Recommend store promotions in consultation with buyers/ retail operations.
• Ensure that all communication material required for the promotions is developed / designed and sent to the stores/territories within the time frame specified.
• Recommend events specific to brand / product category / season.
• Forecast along with buyers / retail operations on the increase in footfall sales during the promotions.
** In Store/ Out Door Media Planning
• Ensure all aspects of imaging - store windows, visuals, banners, posters, shelf takers are in line with the Image of the Brand and target the appropriate audience.
• Ensure that the entire out-door media facilities are at the prime locations to attract customers (bill boards/ hoardings).
• Ensure that the outdoor media communication is replaced regularly with images and captions.
• Co-coordinate with the territories and the brand's agencies as necessary on the media advertising.
• Ensure consistency in the brand image.
• Provide innovative solutions for new POS materials for stores.
** Budgeting and Planning
• Prepare the annual marketing budget for the Concept in consultation with the management team and allocate resources to territories/brands with the break up in terms of season, campaign, media etc.
• Prepare annual marketing calendar and Product specification catalogs.
• Review the budgets and make recommendations to the management as deemed necessary.
• Report on the utilization of the Budgets periodically (as agreed).
** Advertising and Agency Management
• Plan and coordinate with Corporate Marketing on media buying and Agency contracting.
• Liaise with the advertising agency on the optimal spend of the Media Budgets for the Season/ Territory and Brand.
• Plan with the agency on the image campaign for the season.
• Track advertising maintained with the agency.
• Plan and manage the seasonal photo shoots with the advertisement agency including coordination between buyers, designer agencies, models and photographers.
• Design, write, and oversee the production of printed promotional materials including catalogs, brochures, flyers, and program and media guides.
• Review the effectiveness of advertisement promos and take corrective actions.
• Set agency deliverables with respect to the brand s communication strategy.
• Responsible for all approvals on the brand and marketing in coordination with brand/ concept head.
** People Management
• Manage the performance of the team set annual performance goals, monitor performance and provide constructive feedback to improve performance.
• Identify their training and development needs and ensure their fulfilment.
• Develop and mentor subordinates to move to the next higher level of job through career planning and develop a development chart.
• Ensure compliance to Company policies and values. Coordinate with the HR for appraisals of the Marketing team.
** Market Research
• Conduct periodic market research to study the customer profile / preferences and buying patterns, in coordination with Corporate Marketing.
• Conduct market research to study the effectiveness of the media campaign and with respect to the money spent, in coordination with Corporate Marketing.
• Set goals and parameters for the Marketing Research.
• Oversee other outside agencies for order placements and printing needs, shopping bags, stickers, .flyers, and other sales material.
• Negotiate with vendors and contractors to coordinate media cost, placement, and scheduling.
• Create opportunities for Cross Promotion (i.e. Banks, Airline) and co-branding.
• Plan with Public relation agencies for PR and media coverage in consultation with Brand Head and Group Corporate communication & PR.
• Manage the loyalty program/privilege clubs of the concept and recommend strategies to ensure increase in the perception level of the program.
• Recommend strategies to Corporate Marketing to increase membership in the Loyalty Program and provide support in sending mailers/brochures to privilege club members (as required/agreed upon).
• Represent the Concept / Brand at media and marketing events.
• Conduct territory and market visits to assess implementation of marketing / branding guidelines and source competitive intelligence.
• Keep abreast of best practices in marketing, global retail brands, competitive / strategic marketing initiatives and trends
• Post Graduate Degree in Marketing / Advertising / Public Relations / Communications essential.
• 3 4 years of managerial experience a Marketing function in a Fashion / Retail business (High / Premium Fashion if applicable for the Brands Business).
• Agency Management.
• Brand Management.
• Budgeting and Costing.
• Media Knowledge Consumer / Market Research Methodologies.
• Local Market Retail Scenario Understanding.
• Media Planning Resource Management.
• People Management Communication and Presentation Skills.
• Good contacts in the market place.