Manager, Contracts and Procurement
• To create and maximize value for SASREF through end-to-end supply chain processes covering contracting of services, procurement of materials, material management and supplier relation.
• Develop and implement Contracts and Procurement policies and procedures in order to ensure resources are optimally utilised and services are obtained and provided in an efficient and timely manner, and controls are fully executed.
• The MSC is a major controller and service provider to all the business units. The emphasis is on customer focus with the aim of providing a timely, cost effective service. The job-holder provides professional advice and support to all levels of the business on Contracts and Procurement of Materials and services in order to ensure that MCP policies are strictly and properly applied and implemented.
• The job-holder accomplishes the task assigned within the framework of the organisation s overall corporate policies, plans and programs
• The jobholder develops and maintains relationships with service providers to leverage supplier commitment and gain excellent value in purchases of materials and services in order to obtain optimum commercial advantage and that SASREF s position is fully protected.
• Ensure the level of plant operational material are available and procured on time, including for turnarounds and run & projects.
• Oversee the procurement and delivery of the agreed service levels of materials to meet operational needs.
• Oversee the contracting and delivery of the agreed service to meet operational needs, including for turnarounds and projects.
• Oversee procurement long term strategy and supply chain management.
• Oversee the development, update and maintenance of the contracting and procurement s System Database to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the database.
• Ensure provision of contract procurement services to meet business requirements.
• Manage supplier relation including sourcing of new suppliers, periodic validation of existing suppliers, manage new suppliers pre-qualification and provide support to all suppliers queries and requests.
• Manage all material warehouses in SASREF including main, open yards, chemical and projects warehouses including building and assets management and safekeeping/guarding.
• Ensure adequate and availability inventory of materials by managing inventory requisition, receipts and issuance timely and efficiently.
• Manage all freight logistics for timely and efficient materials deliveries, including close follow-up on custom duties payment and exemptions.
• Oversee the provision of statistical reports to comply with MIS requirements.
• Oversee the provision of validated supplier invoices to support finance invoicing and timely payment
• Direct and review the preparation of the (annual) departmental business, operating plans and capital expenditure budget, in alignment with the key functional goals, to meet the departmental business objectives.
• Implement, Monitor & Control the Operating Plan to achieve Departmental objectives.
• Provide relevant information and advice to support the development of a sound functional business plan.
• Ensure the business processes and work activities, relevant to position, are executed in compliance with SASREF policy, procedures and best practice to achieve the business objectives in a safe, efficient and cost effective manner.
• Work closely with Financial Controller, Legal and Internal Audit to ensure full compliance to policies, procedures and controls for all contracts and procurement of materials.
• Conduct a periodic review of Policy, Procedures and practices, relevant to position, to identify opportunities for improvement and engagement in best practice.
• Lead, motivate, develop and assess the assigned team of approximately 50 staff and contractors to achieve business objectives and grow capability.
• Assume the role of Business Process Owner of Supply Chain and MM/SRM Module of SAP.
Workplace (WPS) and Process (PSM) Safety:
• Ensure that measures to protect personal safety and well-being are always in place and that personal actions do not jeopardize the safety and well-being of others.
• Adhere strictly to all IOWs, Safe Operating Procedures, and Safe Work Instructions - thus preventing potential WPS and PSM incidents at all times.
• Always comply with the SASREF HSE Policy, the 5 Safety Principles and 12 Golden Safety Rules.
• No personal injury or injury to a third party.
• No WPS or PSM incident caused.
Qualifications & Experience
• B.Sc. Engineering - or equivalent
• 12-15 years of experience (min 3-5 years of manager supervisory experience preferably in a refinery of similar capacity).
• Very good English language skills and competent in the use of PC related applications.
• Experience in strong and effective collaboration and engagement with business units.