King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Center in Madinah
Madinah, Saudi Arabia
• Ph.D., Master s or Bachelor s Degree in Business or Management, Hospital Administration or Health related discipline required.
• CSSD certification of demonstrated expertise in the successful management of CSSD functional areas as required
• Two (2) years with PhD, Four (4) years with Master s degree or six (6) years with Bachelor s degree including two (2) year s experience in Senior, Supervisory or Managerial capacity in a large, complex hospital, health care institution, government institution, business corporation, or related organization.
• Clinical experience and solid computer knowledge preferred
Responsibilities & Duties:
• Manages the operational activities of CSSD. Oversees activities of supervisors and their staff. Schedules staff to ensure optimum utilization of staff.
• Develops and implements CSSD policies and procedures
• Maintains liaison with other Departments to ensure coordination of inter-departmental activities and to resolve problems. Organized Section s meetings to assure accurate exchange of information.
• Ensures proper operating procedures are developed and followed, and adhere to established standards. Ensures that Departmental equipment is properly used and operated, and properly maintained. Ensures that all staff follows safe work practices.
• Assists in the evaluation of staff work performance. Counsels staff to improve performance. Recommends disciplinary actions, hiring and firing.
• Plans and develops guidelines for orientation, training and annual skill competency review of staff. Assists with training and orientation. Liaises with medical/clinical Departments for cross training, as necessary.
• Receives and assists the Director of PSD with the assigned projects and coordinates onsite related work and ensures that projects are completed on time. Maintains quality assurance records and data on activities of the Section and submits required reports.
• Assists with development and maintenance of the Section s budget. Maintains data pertinent to the operational activity.
• Participates in committee meetings as assigned.
• Reports to the Director of Perioperative Services any work related problems or issues
• Follows all Hospital and Department related policies and procedures
• Participates in self and other s education, training and development, as applicable.
• Performs other related duties as assigned