The Information Technology Department seeks an incumbent of Enterprise Technology Manager to Project management for special IT projects that require analysis, detailed research and process re-engineering. This includes directing resources and coordinating the efforts of team members across IT (Systems Dev, Networks & Client Services) in order to deliver projects according to a well-defined plan, on time and within budget. Ascertain the strategic impact of incorporating (or adopting)technologies with existing systems/infrastructure and preempt failure by highlighting incompatibilities and inconsistencies. Realize and maintain a consistent strategy for emerging technology adoption and use at Zayed University.
• Manages complex IT projects (linked with emerging technologies) throughall stages of development planning, scoping, budgeting,execution, final delivery and post implementation training.
• Liaises with Systems Development, design and develop a Mobile Application Strategy for Zayed University which include:
• Native vs. Web Apps vs. Hybrid development model
• Target platform audience (iOS, Android, Blackberry or Windows)
• Smartphone and Tablet distinction
• App development/purchase selection (Blackboard,FAP, SharePoint etc.)
• Training and development program
• Liaise with Client Services, Systems Development and Network Operations in maintaining and expanding end-user relationship and satisfaction.
• Manage administration, troubleshooting and training aspects of faculty, staff and students using tablets and smartphones.
• Lead and manage a training development program for ZU Web and Mobile Application platforms including Blackboard,Cascade Server, SharePoint, ma3ak website and the use of tablets andsmartphones (iAuthor, Pages, Numbers, Keynote, Citrix VDI and the use of cloud storage).
Training would include:
• Trainer mentored learning based on a regular schedule
• Online video tutorials and tip-sheets managed and maintained on a regular basis
• Faculty and Student Orientation to IT Services offered in ZU
• Lead the support team for the VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure) cloud setup while coordinating the efforts of all three IT teams (Systems Development, Network Operations and ClientServices). This will ensure:
• that the solution meets all end-user requirements and needs
• it complies with original design specifications
• adequate training has been provided to the support staff
• the end-users have training programs and guides/tutorials available to handle the environment
• procedure is in place to maintain and upgrade the system when needed
Must possess a Master s degree in IT from an accredited institution with a minimum of 10 years of experience in related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Successful project management experience in medium/large scale IT projects with complex requirements and user-needs.
In-depth knowledge and understanding of three key IT areas:
• Systems Development web application development life-cycle, .NET technologies and platform, Blackboard,Banner, Microsoft SharePoint 2010, Access Control Systems for student attendance, Content Management Systems (e.g. Hannonhill Cascade Server),RDBMS s (Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL etc.)
• Network Operations Server hardware and operating systems (including Windows, Linux and Sun Solaris),virtualization technologies (include VMWare, Citrix and Windows), basic routing and switching, enterprise-wide wireless access, VPN and firewall, SAN and storage solutions, De-duplication based backup systems and appliances
• Client Services End-user support,Service-desk systems and operation, ITIL best practices and processes,training and development
In-depth knowledge and impact of emerging IT-based technologies including:
• Tablets and smartphones (iPhone/iPad, Blackberry,Android and Windows)
• Cloud-based solutions for storage and application sharing (iCloud, Dropbox, Box etc.)
• VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure)
• Social networking tools (Twitter, Facebook etc.)
Understanding of University academic programs and initiatives, actual teaching experience in a higher education environment.