POSITION TITLE: Manager, Japan and Southeast Asia
DEPARTMENT: International Operations
Lead and manage an effective and efficient team to support the delivery of a cluster of DTCM s overseas offices through strategic development of markets and tactical B2C & B2B activities in order to position Dubai as a leading Leisure and Commerce hub of the world.
Director, Frontier Markets
• All divisions / departments within DTCM and DTCM;
• Government agencies;
• Overseas Vendors;
• Event and exhibition organizers;
• Key tourism stakeholders.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
• Guidance and Support:
Provide management and guidance to direct reports, and provide them with the necessary support for achieving their objectives and performing their delegated responsibilities.
• Employee Development:
Ensure the ongoing development of the section s employees, and guide the developmental activities of direct reports.
• HR Requirements:
Identify the section s human resources requirements and provide recommendations on levels of rewards, promotions, transfers and career progressions for the department s employees.
• Performance Management:
Lead performance planning and performance evaluations of direct reports, and recommend linkages of performance evaluation results with DTCM s reward and development programs in line with established policies and procedures .
• Section Operational Needs:
Ensure that all technology, procurement, and other administrative needs of the section are identified, offered and maintained in a manner that facilitates day to day operations and supports the achievement of the section s goals.
• Region Development and Operations:
• Provide strategic expertise to assist market with tourism strategy and business planning in order to meet visitor arrivals and tourism expenditure targets;
• Collaborate with internal teams in DTCM/ DCTCM to monitor overseas offices effectiveness and efficiencies of Leisure , MICE and Commerce activities;
• Execute region s expansion and penetration action plans, report improvements and highlight any operational deficiencies;
• Actively seek opportunity and partnerships for overseas Offices department and the region to maximize delivery of targets; ;
• Calendar Development:
• Collaborate with internal team to build DTCM s annual calendar of events (exhibitions, roadshows and press & trade familiarization trips);
• Manage exhibitions, roadshows and familiarization trips for the region, including conceptualizing programs to increase brand perception and business development opportunities;
• Create alliances and seek sponsorship to increase revenue and reduce DTCM s funding;
• Run marketing, PR activities and events that assist to achieve visitors targets of Dubai;
• Review proposal of collaboration, and execute partnerships with other DTCM teams and Overseas Offices;
• Research , Analysis and Reporting:
• Assist in researches and analysis that relates to the region to identify any challenges or opportunities;
• Work with the region to continuously produce a relevant and high quality stream of insights and market intelligence through primary and secondary research to inform on the Tourism 2020 Strategy;
• Produce periodic and ad-hoc reporting that showcase the progress of work plans, track resources, report achieved objectives;
• Update country profile annually;
• Benchmark competitors and draw best practices;
• Industry Association and Stakeholders Management:
• Seek and approach tourism stakeholder relationships locally and internationally;
• Maintain relations with Key stakeholders from the Industry such as Hotels, Trade partners, Media agencies, Government entities.
• Ensure the highest standards of corporate governance in all areas of the business, and that all financial procedures are followed thoroughly.
• Best Practices
• Keep abreast with latest trends in the industry and develop a strong understanding of the regional travel and tourism construct.
• Apply industry knowledge and managerial experience; the role will be pivotal in developing the management s teams of the region.
• General Tasks :
• Perform other related duties assigned by Line Manager.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES
• Region Strategy and business plans
• Sound analysis of activity plans from the region;
• Timely submission of business plans;
• Achievement of stated objectives;
• Region results
• Increase of visitors number from subcontinent region Region;
• Increase in length of stay;
• Results of visitor satisfaction surveys;
• ROI of subcontinent region ;
• Validity, reliability and accuracy of submitted reports and researches;
• Timely completion of reports;
• Accurate budget planning and tracking;
• People Management
• Timely completion of performance evaluations;
• Presence of individual training plans;
• Employee Turn-over;
• Employee performance against competency objectives.
• Proficient in English, and Arabic;
• Proficient in MS Office Software;
• Exposure on PR, marketing, events management.
Skills and Abilities:
• Proficient in communication;
• Presentation skills;
• Project management skills;
• Problem solving skills;
• Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or related fields;
• Master Degree (preferred).
• 8 years of relevant working experience.
• Occasional overseas travel.