Experience: 25 years experience in relevant industry
Qualification: BE/B.Tech Mechanical Engineer
The successful candidate will be ultimately accountable for the overall performance (P & L) of the BU and its continuous growth through performance improvement.
In order to do so the Manager will lead the team through planned growth & diversification of our Client base, the safe execution of each Contract, the evolution of our applicable Systems, Processes, Procedures, Controls & Applications and the development of our Staff.
Accountabilities. Responsibilities, Duties & Contributions:
• Contribute to the development of the BU Annual Business Plan (working alongside the BD, Proposals, and Executive Team)
• Work closely with BD in the formulation of Client Tender Win Plans and be able to contribute to the presentation of the BU to Clients.
• Be accountable for the detailed Planning & Execution of all BU Contracts including, but not limited to the following:
• Pre-turnaround Phase Accountable for the planning, mobilisation and execution of all activities & requirements of Engineering, Procurement, Manufacturing / Fabrications, Operations Interface Mgt & Control, Vendor Mgt & Control, Quality / Compliance Requirements & HSSE.
• Turnaround Construction, Completions & Commissioning Phase Accountable for planning, timely mobilisation of all involved Resources and the subsequent safe execution of all / every planned activity.
• Start-Up and Handover Phase Accountable for ensuring that the Company provides the required level of support (People, Equipment etc) to the Client / Operator.
• Contract Close Out Phase Accountable for the planning, timely demobilisation of all Company Resources and the determination of the Final Account.
• Lessons Learned & Performance Improvement Phase Accountable for the continuous accumulation of PI opportunities identified in each and every Contract and their subsequent development into PI Activities across each future Contract.
• For each and every Contract awarded you will deliver within your planned Budgets, avoid any penalties, contribute the agreed Profit, satisfy your Client s expecattions and ensure that the Company s reputation is enhanced as a result.
1. You will have spent at least 80% of your 25 years in the Service / Contractor space, you will have been exposed significantly to detailed Level 6 planning and Execution in the Turnaround / Maintenance disciplines within the Hydrocarbons, Petrochemical, or Heavy Process Sectors.
In the last 10 years you will been accountable for every aspect of the on-site delivery of Major Turnarounds and in the last 5 years you will have additionally become involved in Business Development (Client Facing) and Financial Performance of an annual Programmed of Major Turnarounds / Maintenance Programme preferably in GCC.
You are an HSE leader in that you are authentic in your personal commitment to exemplary HSE Performance and can demonstrate your learnings and subsequent influence and impact accordingly.
• Education Recognised Technical Degree (Mechanical being a preference)
• Experience Overview Top of Class qualified Engineer who has developed over time (25 years) into a Contract / Project Manager in the and subsequently moved into a wider Business Management role within a service provider (not Client / Operator) where Development and Commercial accountabilities can be demonstrated.
• Experience Specifics include demonstrating the following:
• Large Turnaround / Maintenance Contract / Project leadership roles (definition being over 1000 direct labour resources) preferably in Oman, UAE or wider GCC.
• Focus on Schedule & Cost (to Company) performance optimisation through detailed understanding of industry wide practices, performance norms & productivity, maximization of utilisation of multi-discipline resources (people, equipment, materials, consumables)
• The development & growth of Customer / Client Base
• The development of a BU Core Team and the associated Systems & Processes upon which safe-success will be delivered