The Communications department handles all external communications, including earned news, public relations, media relations, editing, translation, and other writing (e.g. web stories, thought leadership), as well as attracting media to attend and cover the event and manage their facilities and services. The key purpose of the department is to communicate Expo 2020 Dubai news to media, locally, regionally and internationally, to generate positive coverage, which translates into achieving our goal of 25 million visits during the six-month event.
The Manager, Media Information and Broadcast Services will be part of the Media Operations team that is responsible for planning and delivering all media facilities and services required for accredited media attending the Expo, and specifically, the broadcast operations: this scope requires the delivery of the overall broadcast plan, attracting and ensuring delivery to all accredited broadcasters both working on site and taking content for delivery remotely.
The main responsibilites of the role include:
- Assist in the design and implementation of the Information plan for media across the pre-Event and Event phases, integrating requirements with the Media Extranet pre-Event and the Media Information System during the Event, ensuring the information is maintained and accurately and timeously delivered;
- Implement the bookings platform, ensuring usability and integration with third party suppliers and manage booking queries;
- Support the Senior Manager in liaising with all accredited broadcasters (national and international) pre-Event in order to assess and deliver Event-time information requirements;
- Liaise with all accredited broadcasters on their equipment and facility bookings scheduling bookings for throughout Event time from one year to go;
- Assist with bookable filming locations, facilities and studios (including for photographers);
- Work with third parties to ensure delivery of bookings;
- Maintain the CMS/Archive process for all broadcast operations.