Manager Planning MGRPL
Expiry Date: 17-08-2018
• Directs responsibility for planning of available resources for Submarine Cable Projects and maintenance activities.
• Follows-up and monitors the resource plan as directed by the Section Head.
• Makes sure that all necessary information and advice on appropriate action is passed to Section Head.
• Assists in Preparation of Tender bids and proposals to clients.
• Scrutinizes Weekly and Monthly Progress Reports.
• Liaises with Branches/Clients/Subcontractors concerned for efficient and effective utilization of assets/resources.
• Boards the Cable Ships, lays barges, etc. during a project/repair mission.
• Deputizes for immediate superior during his absence, if required.
• Performs any other duties as and when required/assigned .
Quality & HSE (Health, Safety & Environment) Responsibilities:
• Maintain a current knowledge of all Safety and Quality matters relevant to their position.
• Carry out daily tasks according to defined procedures
• Initiate action to prevent any non-conformance occurring in the Safety and Quality Management system, business processes and project work.
• Identify and record the non-conformance when problems do occur.
• Recommend, initiate or provide solutions through the Quality Management Representative.
• Assist the Quality Management Representative in verifying the implementation of solutions
• Produce records as required by the Safety and Quality Management system
• Contribute to the continual review and improvement of the Safety and quality Management system.
General Functions (Summary of Work):
Involves in submarine cable projects planning, implementation and all other technical aspects of Submarine Cables.
List main contacts in other departments and outside e-marine with which the job is required communicate.
Level of academic qualifications:
• Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering or,
• B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering with specialization in Telecom & Electronics, or
• B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering.
Specialized training, specific equipment course, memberships, etc.
• Supervision and Management Training
• Digital Technology, PCM and Fiber Optic related training from established communication oriented organization.
• Must be Computer Literate.
• 5 7 years experience in Telecom and / or in Submarine Cable field.
• Experience in maintenance of Submarine Power Cables will be an advantage.
• Experience in Marine (oilfields) is a definite advantage
Work Experience: 5 to 7
Job Status: Opened