Department : Sales & Marketing
Line Manager : Chief Commercial Officer
Proactively monitor-changing market needs and creatively develop and manage new P&S development cycle. Plan, manage and control the lifecycle of a given product family in order to maximize the growth, product revenues, profitability and customer satisfaction.
• Ensure sales revenue targets, profit targets, market share and market penetration for products and services, as set within the designated product family and in all target markets, are achieved.
• Ensure monitoring, meeting and reporting on customer satisfaction, market and revenue performance for the product family in accordance with targeted standards & objectives and take corrective actions, as
• Set and manage the budget in accordance with corporate Business plan on time and on- budget.
• Ensure developing & managing the product family strategy, objectives and Business
• Ensure that substitution and cannibalization of products & services are always kept to the minimum and/or as
• Ensure availability of competitive products & services in a competitive market
• Ensure setting and agreeing with Sales & Account Management teams revenue targets & market shares for the product family, monitor performance and take corrective
• Increase reliability/C.S. and faults of product as
• Decrease churn of product as
• Develop and manage product family business plans, budgets and performance for all products, including total product quality, SLAs, and identification of target gaps and inconsistencies.
• Monitor and ensure that all revenue goals and customer satisfaction objectives are met through allocating work to P & S management
• Manage market position, customer expectations and target
• Set service level KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) according to Telecom industry best practices
• Maximise P & S family life cycle value through managing and controlling channel and distribution performance, minimizing product cannibalization, repositioning P&S portfolio offerings, initiating/monitoring related marcom activities, bundling/packaging of various P & S and controlling withdrawal and substitution at the end of the life
• Effective management of the product life cycle of all products within the family.
• Motivate, train, coach and develop subordinate
• Utilise the resources and enhance the skills & knowledge required by product management strategies.
• Participate and contribute the creation and development of new products ideation and development.
• Develop specific products that satisfy customer needs, and meet profit targets, and budgetary objectives in a competitive market
• Develop and deploy new P&S are aligned with the priorities of P&S development, P&S management and P&S marketing support
• Manage the enhancement and the development of existing P&S in coordination with P&S management, network development & network
• Create product development team(s) (PDT), for P&S development form preliminary investigation stage to stable
• Coordinate and support the provision of solutions and technical consultancy to the Account Managers, Solution Specialist to support bids, new product development, P&S enhancements and P&S
• Build and maintain relationship/partnership with relevant technology suppliers to identify opportunities and provide valuable customer solutions.
• Develop and test solutions, products, services and system integration to meet the changing requirement of the existing customers and the demands of the new
• Establish effective channels in order to gain competitive advantage
Vendors, Suppliers, Partners & alliances, Customers, Regulators, PTT s.
Sales & Delivery, Account management, Cross-BU functional managers, Network Management, IT, Network Development, Procurement, Legal and Regulatory Affairs, Quality Control, Internal Auditors & Customer Support, and Finance.
Contacts within P&S Unit within Market Development, Market Research, Marcom, other Product Family managers and Product Development teams.
Equipment & Materials
• Data systems
• Capacity records
• Portfolio and budget reporting
• Product records and procedures
• Performance Management records
• Channel and distribution records
• Product definitions
• Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
• New product development budget reports
• New product and performance reports
• Marketing plans
• Price/costing analysis
• P & S definition/specifications
• Business cases
Problems associated with the following issues:
• Product development delays
• Failure of product to meet performance criteria fluctuations in development budget
• Product and service enhancement, growth, maximization and retention in the market
• Fluctuations in Business performance
• Customer satisfaction
• Failure to meet SLA s
• Competitive pressures
• Meeting revenue targets, profit targets and business plan
• Cross-products cannibalization and substitution
• Priorities & targets conflict with the Sales & Account Management teams
• Pressures of Industry Regulator
Decisions related to the following issues:-
• Ideation, definition and specification of new product
• Contribute in settings P&S roadmap
• Filtration and privatization of ideas
• Plan and implement product development
• Improve new product development process
• Negotiations with suppliers, vendors, partners and alliances
• Product and service delivery
• Set and manage the Family P&S
• Minor product
• Contributing to P&S pricing, bundling and packaging
• Impact on market and competitors
• Leading, assessing and developing staff through carrying out performance management reviews and arranging training & development
• Set & Manage P&S Family Diversification strategy
• End of life for unprofitable
• Contribute in adopting suitable cost structures to ensure P&S profitability