The Manager Proposals, leads the development of technical and commercial proposals within the Buildings sector across the UAE. The jobholder leads and manages a team of Proposal Senior Engineers / Engineers throughout the entire proposal development life cycle from supporting the tender participation decision process, coordinating prequalification requirements to developing competitive technical and commercial proposals in a timely and cost effective manner. The jobholder coordinates across functions and departments in the organizations to seek input from subject matter experts during the proposal development stages, as needed.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AREAS AND ACTIVITIES OF THE ROLE
• Manage the development of proposals for buildings design projects, including technical and commercial proposals in close coordination with the Director - Proposals, as needed.
• Support the Director - Proposals with the review of RFPs, identifying potential project and contractual risks.
• Calculate high level project delivery costs and price estimates prior to the development of proposals based on market intelligence and experience
• Work with the Director - Proposals in aligning on project delivery model and bid strategies for proposals with design Department Heads, Section Heads and Resident Managers, as needed
• Develop method statements, project approaches and scopes for proposals for buildings design projects
• Develop project timelines, including work breakdown structures, resource allocation etc. for proposals
• Oversee the collection and consolidation of design staff resumes, project references and other required information in the required formats for buildings design proposals development
• Coordinate with design Departments, Sections and Geographies to assess project risks, as needed
• Liaise with the Contracts Department for review of contract terms / conditions for buildings design proposals
• Oversee the estimation of man-hour requirements by design Department and Section
• Guide the coordination with design Departments and Sections to validate man-hour estimates, project durations, outsourcing requirements, expert input, etc. for proposals for buildings design projects, as needed
• Obtain quotations from supplier and subcontractors for buildings design proposals, as required by the RFP scope and the bid strategy and design delivery model
• Lead the calculation of direct costs based on estimated man-hour estimates by design Department and Section, and validate delivery costs with Departments and Sections, as needed
• Review project costs and challenge project cost assumptions to ensure that project costs are competitive to increase likelihood of winning the project
• Coordinate with respective Resident Managers for incorporation of project margins and contingencies into final pricing as per the Geography s directions
• Conduct final technical review of proposals with respective design Departments / Sections and final commercial review of proposals with respective Resident Managers, as needed
• Coordinate with Geographies for the submission of tender requirements, such as bid bonds, performance bonds
• Coordinate with Geographies for the packaging and submittal of proposal packages as per client instructions
More than 10 years
Not Specified at least
Construction - Industrial Facilities and Infrastructure Construction - Residential & Commercial/Office