Nominated by Air Arabia and accepted by the GCAA as Post Holder , the Manager - Quality Assurance shall monitor and verify all activities in the areas of Flight Operations, Ground Operations, Flight Training, and Engineering Maintenance ensuring all are being carried under the supervision of the relevant Nominated Post Holder in compliance with Air Arabia, GCAA/CAA Authorities, and other Regulatory Bodies standard requirements and regulations.
Key Result Responsibilities
• Leads the Quality Assurance team and operational activities ensuring all are as per standards, rules and regulations required by the GCAA, manufacturer s manuals, and Air Arabia s adopted policies and procedures with focus on safety, efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and human factors considerations.
• Verifies and ensures that Company s established operations, policies, procedures and internal rules and regulations are met under the supervision of the relevant Nominated Post Holder and are in compliance and accordance with:
a. Conditions and Restrictions of the AOC.
b. Applicable Regulatory Requirements
c. All relevant Authority Regulations and additional standards set by Air Arabia.
• Acts as the ultimate accountable to the COO to ensure that Quality Assurance Program is adequately and timely established and implemented in compliance and accordance with applicable regulations and approved manuals.
• Plans, implements and monitors the annual audit plan and inspections; identifies non-conformities, problems or deficiencies and proposes corrective measures and alternative solutions. Monitors and assures that corrective actions are timely taken and placed effective by the responsible line manager.
• Advises the Accountable Manager on Quality related matters and supports with needed information and independent assessment of audits and inspections results as well on correction loops as a regular standard basis for the formal Mmanagement s evaluation of the Quality System effectivenes
Qualifications (Academic, training, languages)
• Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Licence (CAR66- AMEL),and/or a Bachelor degree in Aircraft Engineering/Aeronautical/Auditing or equivalent;
• Alternately, a diploma or certificate in the related field and/or ATPL (Airline Transport Pilot License more than 3000 FH)
• Must have completed formal aeronautical maintenance training if it was not his/her major.
• Must be eligible for approval by the GCAA as Manager Quality Assurance Post Holder .
• Certificates related to Auditing, Quality Assurance and/or Compliance such as IOSA or ISO Lead Assessor are highly desirable and some may be treated as conditional for this role.
• Project Management certificate or alternately the proven corresponding working experience is nice to have.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Advanced Excel and PowerPoint), Internet and Web Search.
• Excellent command over both written and verbal communication skills: reporting, presentations, etc
• 8+ years of working experience in different disciplines in the aviation/airline industry, with a minimum of 4 years at least leading the Quality Assurance or Compliance function; low cost airline experience is a plus.
• Extensive knowledge in GCAA and CAA and regulatory bodies rules and regulations and requirements pertaining to Flight Operations, Ground Operations, Flight Training, and Engineering Maintenance: policies, procedures, manuals, certification, and licensing.
• General knowledge in ICAO ISARPS.
• In-depth knowledge and experience in airline documentation and records control systems.
• Aircrafts technical knowledge and relative exposure to aircrafts maintenance is a plus.
• Comprehensive knowledge and working exposure to Safety and Security functional requirements and measures in airlines; knowledgeable in internal/external audit practices.
• Experienced in managing the continuing airworthiness of aircrafts in line with Authorities, Manufacturers, and OEMs standard requirements.
• Experienced in designing and implementing policies, procedures and manuals as per business needs and in line with adopted regulations and approved quality standards.
• Influential at all levels including internal and external parties; experienced in managing relationships at work place and managing a diverse team of people (Skills/Experience).
• Proven skills in analysing data, identifying pitfalls and recommending corrective measures.
• Cost-oriented, possesses effective problem solving and decision making skills.
• High accuracy and attention to both results and details