• Lead the creation and implementation of innovative content led marketing solutions that maximise the retail events offering across all DTCM owned, bought and earned channels;
• Initiate, create, develop and implement promotional ideas and activations aimed at providing the best possible environment within which independently produced as well as DTCM produced seasonal / periodical sales and any other associated retail specific events, may succeed;
• Direct event activations and branding, including but not limited to, logistical and promotional materials, sponsorships in collaboration with internal team as well as selected agencies, ensuring successful activation of retail events;
• Direct graphic design and print management for all relevant materials in conjunction with Marketing Executives and retailers;
• Retail Calendar
• Support the development and direct the implementation of Dubai s Retail calendar of yearly, e.g.: Seasonal National Day sale, DSS, DSF,etc.. as well as over seasonal events .
• Manage the development of marketing and communication inputs for regional and international campaigns. Liaise with the International Operations Department regarding marketing campaigns, especially for GCC and India, and the implementation of the same;
• Project manage the production of the Dubai s official annual retail calendar;
• Market insights :
• Conduct Market research that includes conduct market research that includes but not limited to, income rate, market demographics, buying trends and value perception
• Monitor and analyse footfall and retail spend to measure impact of campaigns. Use this information to inform local, regional and international campaigns to promote Dubai s retail offering;
• Produce and present periodic and ad-hoc reports, pertaining to event and festival marketing.
• Stakeholder Management :
• Develop effective and collaborative relationships with retail sector stakeholders ensure their engagement (sponsorship if applies) throughout retail event life-cycle.
• In consultation with the Director, Leisure Events, Director, Retail Calendar and Strategic Alliances team, design and manage the marketing budgets for retail marketing campaigns. Ensure all concerned parties are fully briefed regarding any developments that may impact on the budget and maintain current budget projections that are easily accessible to the Senior Management team; Work with industry stakeholders to ensure retail event information and materials are readily available for on the ground tourists and residents. This may include, but not limited to, hotels, airlines, tour companies, radio stations;
• Agency Management:
• Lead the relationships with appointed creative and media agencies, including monitoring of performance and ensuring adherence to contractual agreement and SLA s;
• In conjunction with the Digital Marketing team manage paid advertising campaigns as required for print, online and social media.
• Database Management :
• Oversee the development and maintenance of all customer-related records.
• General Duties:
Perform other job-related duties as assigned by line manager.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES
• Strategy and Marketing Activities
• Campaign deliverables within timeline and budget;
• Adherence to stated budget;
• Percent increase in revenues and traffic as result of promotional campaigns;
• Integrated marketing campaign applied across all event partners, venues and sponsors;
• Integrated marketing campaign and toolkit developed and delivered across all channels
• Percent increase in awareness and traffic of Dubai as retail shopping destination;
• Abreast of industry trends, Social Media platforms, ROI possibilities and technology
• Agency Management
• Appointment of agencies and management of same to ensure efficiencies and quality work;
• Driving excellence in creative outputs from appointed agencies;
• Agency adherence to SLA s
• Stakeholder Management
• Availably of information to key retail stakeholders ;
• Collaborate with external agencies and internal resources to develop campaign creative and promotional materials that elevate the DTCM retail events and increase revenue growth;
• Team Leadership
• Manage performance management and mentoring of direct reports ensuring increase in team outputs and experience
• Manage in a diverse environment resulting in increased staff motivation and skill development
• At least five years experience managing a team
• In-depth knowledge of retail industry, local market and best practices;
• Thorough understanding of Marketing principles and best practices;
• Extensive experience in stakeholder management and partnerships;
• In-depth understanding of strategy formulation and execution.
Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels of the organisation, stakeholders, agencies, and the public;
• Excellent project management skills with ability to oversee multiple projects from origin through to execution
• Analytical skills with experience in the use of analytical tools and metrics to inform strategies and campaigns;
• Ability to lead strategically and creatively and to effectively communicate thoughts and ideas
• Multi-tasking and prioritising with ease in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment;
• Decision making skills;
• Stakeholder Management;
• Strong developer of people;
• Excellence in English (required);
• Proficiency in Arabic (preferable).
• A strong command and understanding of and experience in creative execution across experiential, content, digital and social, with an emphasis on experiential
• Bachelor degree in Marketing or any other relevant fields. Master s degree (preferred).
• Minimum 7 years of experience in relevant working environment, minimum 5 years retail experience
• Proven track record in retail marketing, promotional campaigns, well-connected with retail stakeholders.