An exciting opportunity is available for a Manager, SSHE & Quality and will report directly to GM, Taldeen BU
About the role:
• To develop, implement, and enforce company-wide HS&E programs, policies and procedures to promote safe, environmentally friendly and responsible operations and to ensure compliance with local regulations and consistency with international standards.
• To provide SSHE leadership and ensure that the department has the technical and leadership services, support, and awareness needed to achieve SSHE visions and goals.
• Assures consistent quality of production by developing and enforcing best manufacturing practices and quality control; validating processes; providing documentation; managing staff.
you will be responsible to:
• Sets safety culture and oversees the safety of all direct reports
• Provides leadership for personnel and process safety, risk, security, health, environmental, regulatory, and emergency response/preparedness programs and overall awareness
• within applicable site/unit/project *
• Ensures that the SSHE group is adequately staffed
• with appropriate skill sets to provide quality SSHE resources and services to
• Manages OIMS implementation and execution such that unit/project
• meets or exceeds the Corporate OIMS expectations *
• Develops and steward s implementation of safety management systems and processes, safety reporting, and incident investigation based on global standards and practices
• Liaises with other units/projects on SSHE issues to ensure that best practices utilization and continuous improvement processes are in place and effectively applied, as well as identifies synergies/common processes, where appropriate
• Communicates with and advises Senior Management on site/unit/project specific SSHE issues
• Facilitates implementation of risk assessment and management program elements and stewards results for learnings and gap closures
• Stewards regulatory compliance assessments, OIMS assessments, and external stakeholder assessments for best practices and lessons learned
• Develops environmental and regulatory compliance plans and strategies consistent with operating and project requirements
• University degree in engineering (mechanical, industrial, electrical, process engineering) or any other related field.
• MBA or PMP is a plus
• Behavioral Skills: makes sound decisions, manages risk, strategic thinker.
• Functional Skills: Process Improvement, Analyzing Information, safety management, safety regulations and standards, fundamentals of health, fundamentals of security, environmental standards, regulation development and advocacy, regulatory compliance and permitting.
• Demonstrated work experience in safety-related positions (including prior manufacturing experience)
• 10-15 years of progressive management experience