Principal duties and responsibilities: The role will encompass all of the following, but the balance of duties and responsibilities will be determined in discussion with the Lead Teacher and Tri-lingual Schools Project Manager:
The Mandarin Teacher, working with other members of the team, will be responsible for the delivery of the following key priorities:
• Preparing and delivering lessons to a range of classes of different ages and abilities.
• Marking work, giving appropriate feedback and maintaining records of pupils progress and development.
• Providing outstanding teaching to maximize students achievement
• Ensuring all students are able to thrive and engage in learning to achieve above and beyond their highest potential, whilst developing personal and employability skills.
• Executing and supporting the planning of a diverse programme that meets individual learners needs within Mandarin.
• Managing all facilities and activities related to promoting student learning; this includes competitions, extracurricular activities and initiatives
• Managing student behaviour in the classroom.
You will inspire other staff by:
• Understanding and supporting national standards of Mandarin as set by the Ministry of Education and ensuring these are followed
• Using effective target setting systems for all students
• Identifying effective intervention and mentoring strategies for students
• Being an outstanding practitioner
• Modelling and supporting an inquiry based, language rich classroom environment that
• promotes learner engagement and participation.
• Sharing your best practice with other colleagues through continuous professional development
• Researching the best teaching and learning practices
• Attending meetings and committees as required
• Training other staff KG - G12 as needed by the Mandarin Department
• Undertaking such other duties as are commensurate with the post and which may reasonably be required by the Principal / Lead Teacher.
You will enhance the future of UAE students by:
• Teaching students according to their educational needs, including the appropriate setting and marking of work, and personalizing the learning experience to meet their specific needs
• Assessing, recording and reporting on the attendance, progress, development and attainment of students whilst keeping electronic records as required
• Ensuring a high quality learning experience for students, which meets internal and external quality standards
• Identifying effective intervention and mentoring strategies for students within Mandarin
• Preparing and regularly updating subject materials
• Using a variety of delivery methods, which will stimulate learning appropriate to student needs and demands of the syllabus
• Undertaking assessment of students as requested by the Ministry of Education
• Marking and grading students work which enables you to give written/verbal and diagnostic feedback
• Supporting and motivating students to allow them to grow and enhance their own skills in both achieving qualifications and being work ready
• Supporting partnership events with key stakeholders including students, parents, employers, schools, further and higher education establishments
• Ensuring all students understand the expected standards of behaviour and being prepared to intervene where these are standards are not followed
• Demonstrating innovative strategies in teaching and learning
• Demonstrating the ability to be self-directed, use initiative, and to be able to solve practical problems with limited supervision.
• Demonstrate the ability to embed new forms of innovative Information and Learning Technologies into learning
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required: ?
• Committed to innovation in Teaching and Learning initiatives, with a positive can do attitude and willingness to promote lifelong learning across MOE.
• Able to work and organize workload to independently in order to meet challenging KPIs
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, good interpersonal skills and an ability to work with diverse groups of people.
• Sound understanding of technologies that support educational development with an interest in
• keeping up to date with technological developments.
• Student-centered approach to teaching with an aptitude to work with Arab youth. ?
• The postholder may be required to undertake any other duties which may reasonably be required as within the nature of the duties and responsibilities of the post as defined.