Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Job Purpose (support manufacturing process):
• Improve routing process and fix costing issue, estimating new product manufacturing cost
• Support manufacturing using CAD/CAM knowledge. Designing and developing new manufacturing methods.
Key Accountabilities :
• Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
• Processes and implements internal and customer ECR/ECOs including manufacturability review,
• Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors
• Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work
flow, space requirements, and equipment layout
• Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes
Performace Indicators :
• Number of NCR generated on process
issue and clarifications asked by vendor on technical issue.
• Job work order variance $value
• Number of work order closed (total qty machined)
• Number of days to get a clarification and response on a technical queries
Job Context :
• Manufacturing Engineers are always looking for better ways of doing a job. They interface with engineering, technology, and manufacturing groups to produce our high-quality products faster, more efficiently and safely, and at lower costs. Manufacturing Engineering are the team responsible for the development and improvement of the manufacturing processes within the facility.
• As a Manufacturing Engineer at NOV you may be involved in designing new processes or methodologies. Or you may evaluate existing ones and oversee their implementation. You'll be in an ideal position to use hands-on engineering to try out new ideas and track the results.
Communication & Working Relationships:
Internal: interdepartmental & intercompany ( production ,QC,HSE,Sales,Planning,purchasing) External: suppliers & vendors, customers
QUALIFICATIONS : Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent degree/work experience
EXPERIENCE : minimum 4 years
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Project management skills
• Demand flow experience (preferred)
• Working knowledge of CAD software (preferred)
• Working knowledge of statistical methods, lean manufacturing and quality systems
• Must be able to read blue prints and schematics
• Must be highly motivated and self-directed
• Proven project management skills. Results oriented and driven to excel.
• Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite and database software
• Excellent oral and written communication skills. Enjoys teaching, troubleshooting, working with groups of people, and explaining complex things as simply as possible.
• Customer Focus - Knows and understands the needs of internal and external customers. Is a result oriented and works hard to consistently provide exceptional service.
• Ethics and Values - Adheres to an effective set of core values and beliefs and acts in accordance. Rewards the right values and disapproves of others.
• Problem Solving - Looks beyond the obvious to find effective solutions.
• Integrity and Trust - Widely trusted and seen as direct and truthful.
• Functional/Technical Skills - Possesses the skills to be effective in the job. Have the skills to perform the job at a high level of accomplishment.
• Listening - Practices active and attentive listening, able to hear others.
• Action-oriented - Full of energy, willing to take action.
• Composure - Cool under pressure, not knocked off balance by the unexpected, is a settling influence.
• Values Diversity - Supports fair and equal treatment for all.