Are you an Underwriter currently living in the Middle East and thinking about your next career opportunity? If so, read on - Chubb in Cairo are looking for a creative and ambitious Assitant Marine Underwriter to join our established and growing business in Cairo. The main purpose of this role is to support the Marine team in Underwriting, Servicing and Developing our business portfolio for across the Middle East, North Africa through our branches, regional brokers and insurance companies.
This is a truly exciting and rewarding time to be part of our fast-growing business
- You will communicate with brokers / ceding companies / direct clients in respect of submissions.
- Prepare and refer underwriting submissions in line with Chubb guidelines and standards.
- Look up and respond to the Chubb Global Underwriters on account clearance / sign off requests.
- Input submissions into the appropriate Chubb software systems.
- Track work in progress (WIP) in the submission log. WIP includes clearance, submissions to Risk Management, Status of the account and comments as to account progress.
- Convert submission account files that are won to bound files structured to standard Chubb requirements
- Local systems booking / Policy & Quotes issuance including account registration (premium booking, RI allocation).
- Tracking the receipt of outstanding documentation, such as endorsements, peer reviews, etc. Required in the maintenance of bound underwriting files.
- You will be build any reports and associated tasks that may be required by management.
- Administer Marine & Casualty multinational accounts
- Act as a member of the MENA Communication and Marketing team for Egypt
- Handling & lead Multinational programs policies
- University degree
- Fluency in English
- Arabic/French Preferred
- 2-4 years Marine underwriting experience in a multinational Company
- Outgoing and positive person with business development and relationship management skills
- Ambitious, Efficient, Organized and Result Oriented
- Able to travel as and when required within MENA.
INTEGRITY. CLIENT FOCUS. RESPECT. EXCELLENCE. TEAMWORK
Our core values decide how we live and work. We re an ethical and honest company that s wholly committed to its clients. A business that s engaged in mutual trust and respect for its employees and partners. A place where colleagues perform at the highest levels. And a working environment that s reciprocal and considerate.
Diversity & Inclusion. At Chubb we consider our people our chief competitive advantage and as such we treat colleagues, candidates, clients, and business partners with equality, fairness and respect, regardless of their age, disability, race, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or family circumstances.
Work Location: Cairo - Zamalek
Job Function: Underwriting
Employment Type: Permanent