Perform and supervise technical tasks associated with the design, construction, operation and maintenance of electronic and scientific equipment, oceanographic research instruments, undersea systems and vehicles , etc. Serve as a seagoing instrumentation engineer on research vessels. Major Responsibilities - Will have a multidisciplinary role, working closely with peers and be a part of a team that is responsible for designing, developing, installing, managing and maintaining instrumentation, electromechanical systems, other laboratory and on-site scientific research tools and equipment, undersea systems and vehicles, gauges, sensors, etc.
- Will interact with scientific and technical colleagues to foster research ideas and develop research and experimental setups.
- Will develop portions of electronic or mechanical systems with supervision that is mainly focused at reviewing progress and milestone benchmarks.
- Will conduct hardware and software development, including design, prototype, test, production and deployment of marine and undersea systems and vehicles.
- Will take responsibility for projects encompassing the entire project life-cycle. Is able and will accept to go to sea and work for extended periods of time (between 1 2 months per year with individual legs between 2-4 weeks) as part of oceanographic research cruises, including participating in the activities on deck and in labs, carrying heavy gear and loading and unloading of the RV; and Is highly motivated, proactive, well organized and results oriented. Organization Research Division Core Labs
Industry Type :
Education / Training / Teaching / Academics
Functional Area :
Desired Candidate Profile
- Ability to devise novel approaches to problems, and prepare or modify drawings, specifications, calculations, charts and graphs, and monitor work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices and standards.
- Excellent Skills in Com