This is Eastman Chemical Company
Eastman is a global advanced materials and speciality additives company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With a portfolio of speciality businesses, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. Its market-driven approaches take advantage of world-class technology platforms and leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction and consumables. Eastman focuses on creating consistent, superior value for all stakeholders. As a globally diverse company, Eastman serves customers in more than 100 countries and had 2017 revenues of approximately $9.5 billion. The company is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA and employs approximately 14,500 people around the world.
Market Development Manager, Heat Transfer Fluids
Fulltime | Dubai
The Heat Transfer Fluid (HTF) group is part of the Specialty Fluids and Energy Business Organization. Therminol heat transfer fluids are widely used for heating and cooling operations in chemical, Oil & Gas and pharmaceutical plants as well as in the renewable energy production. This business has a strong brand identity and market differentiation, technical, safety and performance superiority, and offer best in class global customer service and technical assistance.
This is the role
The Market Development Manager will build on our value proposition, enhance our relations with Licensors, Engineering firms and OEM s. The person will be a focal point for Market development initiatives and our Technical Services in MEAST region.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
• Support development and execution of the strategic marketing initiatives for Asia Pacific and EMEA region to help achieve the growth goals for the heat transfer business.Develop key relationships throughout the value chain as well as with current customers and non-customers to understand new/growth market and its drivers, unmet customer needs, and value creation opportunities for our products and services
• Provide "world class" technical support in areas of fluid selection, engineering seminars, design reviews, on-site consultation, and troubleshooting to customers
• Manage sample analysis program for accurate technical interpretation and timely feedback to customers. Follow-up of Therminol and competitive sample evaluation to create new business opportunities
• Evaluate enhancements to the Total Lifecycle Care program to generate additional business via an enhanced service program
• Work with Regional Commercial Lead and Technical Service Management to provide technical service in alignment with business strategy. Support sales team training, and on-going support of existing sales tools
• Develop and maintain project pipeline for global commercial and Marketing Technical Service team
• Identify, develop and maintain an excellent knowledge and understanding of applications
• Work effectively and maintain strong relationships with a variety of different functions within the chemical industry, from engineering companies, original equipment manufacturers to end users
• Qualify leads and provide consultation for hotline and website customers
• Communicate technical information and help develop technical content to support the value proposition of Therminol
• Implementation of safety principles and practices into daily work routines, and in support of the safe handling of our products by others
• Document and communicate all customer activities through call reports
• Prepare and review technical subject matter articles for publication
This is what you bring
This role requires strong technical and commercial acumen, excellent project management skills with the ability of prioritize and multi-task and minimum 3 years of prior experience in commercial, marketing or relevant technical roles. Fluency in Arabic would be advantageous. A Bachelor or Master degree in Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering is required.
This is what we offer
Eastman Chemical is a Fortune 500 Specialty Chemical Company committed to driving commercial excellence. We have heavily investing in our commercial capabilities and infrastructure. Our spirit of innovation and collaboration along with our diversified business line creating challenges and opportunities for growth is what makes Eastman a great place to build a career. With us, you find opportunities to grow professionally, competitive remuneration, outstanding benefits, and a truly global work environment.
Eastman is committed to creating a powerfully diverse workforce and a broadly inclusive workplace, where everyone can contribute to their fullest potential each day.