To manage the assigned markets in regards to all network development topics by ensuring and supervising the proper Sales & Customer Services retail network and infrastructure across the brands and within the Mercedes-Benz Cars Middle East FZE (MBCME) Region.
In particular, the role shall provide the Retail Partners with a comprehensive network support, covering the aspects of:
• Formulation, implementation and follow-up of an effective Network Retail Strategy
• Facilities planning, construction & business setup processes
• Application of retail formats, concepts, standards & corporate identity
• Network Legal & Compliance (if required)
• Customer Satisfaction (if required)
The candidate is a role model in terms of compliance, both in the sense of coaching the General Distributor as well as living a business practice according to the Daimler AG company values. The candidate handles his/her duties in a timely and accurate manner.
Network Strategy & Planning
• Support Regional Network Manager & retail partners to the definition of their individual network plans along with geographical, capacity & brand representation aspects for Sales & Customer Services business.
• Follow-up retail network for the consistent and timely implementation of the projects defined according to the signed Network Development plans, and report progress on a monthly and quarterly basis.
• Process market analysis for Sales & Customer Services, in cooperation with the business units, in order to measure geographical and capacity coverage within the assigned markets.
Facilities Planning, Construction & Business setup Process
• Secure the timely, and according to the specific network development strategy, implementation of facilities planning, construction, and business setup process for all new and refurbishment projects within the assigned markets.
• Ensure that facilities planning is according to the required parameters/KPIs/Daimler
Standards/retail formats, by coordinating all stakeholders (General Distributors, Dealers, MBCME Business Units, Local & Daimler architects), and utilizing the available planning tools for finalization & approval of technical documents (location, plot, layouts, CI design).
• Manage the construction process according to the planning & CI/CD directives by inspecting construction phases and consulting retail partners throughout the process.
Coordinate the business setup process by ensuring the required personnel structure, processes & systems in place, vehicle & parts stock, equipment & tools according to the retail standards & BCE requirements.
Retail Formats/ Standards/ Corporate Identity
• Support the development of suitable retail formats & special concepts as per DAG guidelines. Ensure their consistent implementation within the assigned markets, following planning and implementation processes by coordinating all stakeholders (Agencies, General Distributors, Dealers, MBCME Business Units, Local & Daimler architects).
• Consult retail partners in regards to Network specific Retail Standards & CI/CD, ensuring that the Daimler brands are always presented consistently and professionally.
• Assuring that Daimler Retail Standards (DRS) qualification/knowledge is fulfilled across the retail network & regularly consult retail partners on them.
• Follow-up on compliance with the Dealer Retail Standards (DRS) through regular market visits and feedback auditor with direct market findings.
• Gather network related market and dealer specific information for the assigned markets for Daimler brands and sub networks and update accordingly all related reports and databases (Factsheets, GSSN, Network lists).
Dealer Selection & Termination Process
• Support the dealer selection and termination process/es in accordance to the latest International Retail Network Policy (from DAG).
Cooperation & Support
• Support the department in various projects whenever it is required and participate in team projects if assigned (e.g. CI Rollout, implementation of Best Customer Experience etc).
• Follow-up of agreed improvement measures during regular market visits and cooperate with operative business units and retail organization to improve retail systems, processes, and personnel structure.
• Built and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders, suppliers and Daimler AG to ensure that the MBCME regions remains a leading voice in future network facility/workshop development and operations.
Legal & Compliance
• Maintain and update legal/contracts database for the assigned markets.
• Support & Follow-up on the Due Diligence process that is being conducted by Daimler and update monthly the Due Diligence progress report for internal distribution.
Industry Type :
Automotive / Automobile / Auto Accessories
Functional Area :
Marketing / Brand Management / Marketing Research / Digital Marketing
Desired Candidate Profile
Good organizational skills
Minimum 2-3 years working experience in automotive network department, with a good understanding of the vehicles Sales, and Customer Services business
Analytical skills for conducting market analysis (KPIs)
Availability for travelling
Expertise in Dealership Standards/Retail Formats, and familiarity with architectural layouts and is a plus
Customer Service Index, Customer Service/Customer Care basic concepts is a plus
MS Office - Word, PowerPoint & Excel: High Level
English is a must, German and Arabic are a plus
Ideally having an understanding of the regional trade structure and culture
Bachelor Degree in Management or its equivalent
Regional Network Manager for Mercedes-Benz Passenger Cars