ABOUT THE ROLE
The Marketing Director will lead the Marketing initiative across the countries that Careem operates in. The role requires a deep understanding of the activities that increase our KPIs on awareness, rides and revenues. It includes building strategies with deep insights into what works and doesn't work across the region. This role requires a high level of market understanding and requires a diverse skill set across multiple areas, including social media marketing, PR, event planning, strategic and conceptual thinking, content creation, team leadership and relationship management.
Key responsibilities include:
• Build marketing plans for each country that includes promotions and partnerships to increase revenue and meet monthly targets in area of responsibility that is correlated with the brand guidelines.
• Develop strategic vision and execute long range plans based on in-depth understanding of market segmentation, market and technology trends, customer needs, and competitive positioning.
• Develop and implement strategic partnership engagement plans working in collaboration with the senior marketing team in HQ and other marketing colleagues, aligning our internal goals with new and existing partner relationships.
• Work with the GMs and Marketing teams in the cities to create and maintain a consistent output of high-quality products to accelerate the growth and ability of the organization.
• Work with a cross-functional team of analysts, marketers, engineers, and product managers to deliver against the organization's KPIs.
• Help marketing managers and analysts solve difficult problems related to global ad serving, tracking, analytics, and attribution to ensure efficient marketing at scale.
• Identify a range of potential sponsoring partnerships and appropriate channels and venues for promotion.
• Forecast, measure and report results on various projects with countrywide partners, including co -created and/or co branded content promotions, lead sharing, and/or event partnerships.
• Develop new and creative approaches to working closer with influential members of our industry, and serve as a go -to resource to other marketing team members.
• Assist with event planning, including working with vendors, event coordinators, and design teams for on site collateral.
• Collaborate cross-functionally with product management, communications, and marketing.
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative, wowing customers and acting like an owner. Additional qualifications include:
• Strong strategic marketing planning knowledge.
• Previous leadership experience of managing a team of direct reports.
• Overseeing and direction relationships with agencies (clips, movies, PR, social media).
• Must be creative/innovate/hands-on with an affinity for details, aesthetics, communication & PR skills, interpersonal skills, negotiation skills, leadership skills, presentation skills, writing skills.
• Ability to get hands-on in a complex operational environment.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and work to tight deadlines.
• Strong account management and relationship builder, an adept communicator with the ability to liaise with people on all levels.
• Experience in event planning and management, including speaker outreach and vendor relationships is an advantage.
• Experience handling marketing budgets and forecasting/reporting results.
• Ability to develop and articulate highly successful and innovative marketing solutions and communicate a compelling vision.
• Confident, outgoing, and with a predisposition to teach others.
• Experience working within the technology industry/start-up environment is highly desirable.
• Experience in running digital marketing campaigns and analyzing KPIs.
We offer an attractive total compensation package, with emphasis on equity compensation, excellent health benefits and monthly Careem credits. You will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing company on the ground floor and shape its direction.
Industry Type :
Logistics / Transportation / Warehousing / Courier
Functional Area :
Marketing / Brand Management / Marketing Research / Digital Marketing