Why are we building UrbanClap?
The local and home services industry is very fragmented and unorganized. Prior to UrbanClap, hiring a plumber, beautician, yoga trainer, math tutor etc. was a painful process. There were no standards, no concept of trust, pricing inefficiencies etc. In a nutshell, the industry was shackled in the yellow pages era, and had seen no fundamental innovation for far too long.
The UrbanClap team is young and passionate, and we see a massive disruption opportunity in his industry. By leveraging technology, and a set of simple yet powerful processes, we wish to build a platform which can organize the world of services - and bring them to your finger-tips.We believe there is immense value (akin to serendipity) in bringing together customers and professionals looking for each other. In the process, we hope to impact the lives of millions of service entrepreneurs, and transform service commerce they way Amazon transformed product commerce.
Our Marketing Manager is a hustler, with a just-do-it attitude to execute a multitude of marketing initiatives across various platforms. This is one of the toughest roles at UrbanClap where one assumes end to end responsibility for Demand generation of our newest and first international city - Dubai. This role will require grunt work day in, day out along with some sharp problem solving to achieve targets. It will need seamless execution, with meticulous tracking and a constant sense of urgency to be successful.
If you are someone with a minimum of 2-3 years of experience in start-ups or consulting roles (preferred) and have marketing experience in the past this is for you. No min. degree qualifications, please send in your CVs to email@example.com with Application: Marketing Manager in the subject line. Previous work experience in the middle east / Dubai will be preferred.
• Local Social Network / Partnerships
• Local Events and Activations
• Driving On-Demand Activities
• One City level activity that has the potential to go Viral Every month
• KYC Know Your Customer
• Analytics / Tracking of metrics
• Local PR
• Hyperlocal campaigns
• Influencer Marketing management
• A Proven self-starter, someone who powers through barriers to get his/her work done
• Super energetic, loves challenges and solving them
• Someone who can deliver under tight timelines in pressure-cooker situations
• A Shameless negotiator - persuasive and persistent, extremely street-smart
• Possesses excellent people skills to juggle tens of vendors, interns and partners
• Possesses excellent communication and interaction skills
• Super organized and a logical thinker, closes the loop on every activity
• Entrepreneurial DNA and possessing a constant itch to get things done
• Degree no bar, anyone with a can-do attitude can apply
What can you expect?
• A phenomenal work environment, with massive ownership and growth opportunities
• Quick iterations and deployments fail-fast attitude
• Opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies, and lead teams in the future
• Access to a world-class mentorship network
• Massive, and direct impact of the work you do on lives of people
• Market competitive salaries and ESOPs