People Leadership Skills
• Recruit, select and familiarise marketing department personnel with the Hotel and their functions.
• Train and guide marketing department personnel in the performance of their duties as to specific position responsibilities, performance techniques, reporting procedures, etc.
• Conduct performance evaluations and follow up with Marketing department personnel.
• The ability to build a positive working environment.
Maximize Hotel Revenue
• Implement activities that positively impact hotel Rev Par performance
• Monitor competitive hotels to ensure continual market share improvement.
• Develop, co-ordinate, and implement programs to increase profitable sales in all product areas.
• Monitor and identify current and future business trends to ensure profitable sales in periods of low and high demand.
• Manage the hotel's Yield Management program including the transition to a more robust dynamic pricing model.
• Ensure accuracy of definite bookings plus contracted group and corporate accounts.
• Review and monitor competitive hotels so as to formulate recommendations on product and service enhancements to remain competitive
• Identify sources of business available to the hotel and establish priority marketing opportunities in the solicitation of that business.The ability to understand the different needs of market segments and implement strategies/programs as appropriate to maximize profitability.
• Analyse the Hotel's capabilities and identify the direct sales, advertising, and public relations programs necessary to attract complementary sources of business.
• Develop and implement the Annual Marketing Plan.
• The ability to keep abreast of market trends and respond as needed.
• Develop marketing programs consistent with Four Seasons style and image.
• Initiate and supervise the installation of all sales and marketing office procedures and ensure hotel is in compliance with all Four Seasons Sales and Marketing Minimum Operating Standards.
• Prepare, monitor and control the annual advertising and business promotion (A&BP) budget.
• Solicit and service selected accounts.
• Participate in designated trade, service and community association and clubs.
• Represent all Four Seasons Hotels on sales calls
• Provide "one up" sales assistance for all key accounts, to maintain an active account load and to act as the hotels sales leader.
Managing Sales Activity
• Serve as hotel s key contact with organizations such as convention and business bureau, governmental business bodies and key airline accounts.
• Set and monitor all quotas for sales activities and production for direct sales personnel.
• Develop and approve travel schedules and budgets.
• Implement and monitor an effective prospecting program.
• Review the performance of each sales person and audit key account activity.
• Effectively administrate the company's sales incentive plan.
• Develop and maintain a succession plan for management positions in Sales and Marketing.
• Co-ordinate sales activities with WSOs.
• Determine staffing requirements, sales deployment, areas of responsibility and manage the performance of assigned staff according to their respective job descriptions.
• Maintain a cooperative working relationship with other departments particularly those with mutual guest contact.
• Participate in meetings with Planning Committee and Department Heads disseminating information on sales activities, special bookings, business forecasts, competition, etc.
• Communicate with Corporate Marketing, Worldwide Sales Offices and other Four Seasons Hotels regarding new marketing opportunities, competitor activities, etc.
3 to 5 years
Not Specified at least
Oil and Gas