Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people's lives?
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success.
At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organization that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing platform and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 90+ cities across 13+ countries and host over 15 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018. Read more about us here and here.
Join us in building a world-class institution in the Middle East and experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, to improve people's lives.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The purpose of the Marketing Manager role is to lead the Marketing initiative within a designated region. Understanding what activities increase our revenues and building a strategy with deep insights into what works and doesn't work for the specific market. This role requires a high level of market understanding and requires a diverse skill set across multiple areas, including marketing analytics, strategic and conceptual thinking, content creation, and relationship management. Key responsibilities include:
• Analyzes user behavior and related metrics to evaluate strategies and tactics
• Develop strategies and execute CRM programs that activate, grow and retain customers maximizing ROI within budget.
• Responsible for interpreting customer database information and determining effective customer segmentation and targeted contact strategies.
• Drive engagement and retention with customer base through marketing initiatives.
• This role requires a cross-functional player who will partner closely with the Acquisition/Activation Marketing Manager as well as Growth, Analytics and all relevant departments in the organization
• Liaising with other marketing managers and build country marketing plans that include promotions and partnerships to increase revenue and meet monthly targets in area of responsibility that is correlated with the brand guidelines.
• Own the complete process of marketing plans across your portfolio of countries including deliveries of a strong plan on time, aligning and tracking on budgets, understanding the return on investment for marketing campaigns to build a view on their performance and hence sharing best practices.
• Collaborate with management and other marketing colleagues, aligning our internal goals with new and existing partner relationships
• Forecast, measure and report results on various projects with partners, including co-created and/or cobranded content promotions, lead sharing, and/or event partnerships
• Attend relevant events to evangelise the company mission and find likeminded individuals and companies to align with on future initiatives
Maintain knowledge of geographical area of responsibility, especially major announcements, what would work and not work, and events
• Collaborate cross-functionally with product management, communications, and marketing
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative. Additional qualifications include:
• Ability to get hands-on in a complex operational environment
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and work to tight deadlines
• Strong analytical skills and able to convert key findings into simple presentable communication
• Ability to create compelling marketing content and content writing
• Strong account manager and relationship builder, an adept communicator with the ability to liaise with people on all levels
• Ability to think about process and scale above all else to work efficiently and effectively with multiple partners
• Experience handling marketing budgets and forecasting/reporting results
• Ability to develop and articulate highly successful and innovative marketing solutions and communicate a compelling vision
• Confident, outgoing, and with a predisposition to teach others
• Good technical proficiency, literacy skills and a competent computer user
• Experience working within the technology industry/start-up environment/e-commerce is highly desirable
• Educated to BS/MS level (or equivalent) within a subject relevant to the position such as Marketing
Industry Type :
Logistics / Transportation / Warehousing / Courier
Functional Area :
Marketing / Brand Management / Marketing Research / Digital Marketing