Hiring for an esteemed client based in Dubai
- Responsible for all materials specification and selection for both offshore oil and gas and
- Development and writing of all project materials selection /corrosion control specifications
- Developing material design basis and recommending the most suitable material of
- Review specifications and plans and make recommendations for material selection based
on design objectives, such as strength, weight, thermal conductivity, electrical conductivity,
weld- ability and cost
- Development, review and approval of Material Selection Diagrams (MSDs).
- Review and approve MTO
- Responsible for communicating materials engineering /welding requirements and assuring
through design review that requirements are understood and implemented
- Thorough knowledge on various grades of steels including conditions of supply and other
aspects related to final product delivery (surface quality, dimensional tolerances…), able to
identify equivalent grade from various international standards.
- Should be familiar with various methods of destructive testing (tensile, impact, G48, SCC,
bend test) as well as basics of fracture mechanics concepts (FEA, CTOD).
- Provide cathodic protection design for off shore projects
- Vendor document reviews.
- Should be familiar with Clad or alloy-based materials for sour service
- Review documents for Materials, fabrication/NDT/destructive testing/welding and
corrosion/coating related aspects.
- Must be familiar with PED, DNV, AWS, API, ASTM and ASME codes and standards
regarding materials specification/welding/coating.
- Must be familiar with various welding processes used in offshore construction, such as
GMAW, SMAW, SAW, TIG, etc., including automated welding systems.
- Must be familiar with NACE codes.
- Resolves technical queries for material and welding issues.
- Inputs for purchase requisitions, reviews of vendor proposals, technical bid evaluation
- Identify and propose corrosion mitigation & control requirements.
- Coordinate with project welding / coating engineers for the Project.
- Reviews client comments, provides responses/clarifications and closes actions.
- Participate in supplier qualification