Arrange for delivery, assembly, and distribution of supplies and parts in order to match the flow of materials and to meet production schedules.
• Compile information, such as production rates and progress, materials inventories, materials used, and customer information, so that status reports can be completed.
• Confer with establishment personnel, vendors, and customers to coordinate production and shipping activities, and to resolve complaints or eliminate delays.
• Examine documents, materials, and products, and monitor work processes, in order to assess completeness, accuracy, and conformance to standards and specifications.
• Requisition and maintain inventories of materials and supplies necessary to meet production demands.
• Review documents such as production schedules, work orders, and staffing tables to determine personnel and materials requirements, and material priorities.
• Revise production schedules when required due to design changes, labor or material shortages, backlogs, or other interruptions, collaborating with management, marketing, sales, production, and engineering.
• Confer with department supervisors and other personnel to assess progress and discuss needed changes.
• Distribute production schedules and work orders to departments.
• Plan production commitments and timetables for business units, specific programs, and/or jobs, using sales forecasts.
• Provide documentation and information to account for delays, difficulties, and changes to cost estimates.
• Record production data, including volume produced consumption of raw materials, and quality control measures.
Industry Type :
Pharma / Biotech / Clinical Research
Functional Area :