Who are we looking for?
• High school technical diploma. (electrical background preferred)
• 5 years experience working as FSR, PM, Project Engineer, on some Water and Wastewater Treatment Equipment & Processes for Pre/Post treatment: Conventional processes, MF/UF, RO, EDR, EDI, IX, MBR, ADT, ZLD, NaOH concentrator.
• Advanced water treatment process knowledge.
• Fluent English And French spoken and written. Other languages would be an asset.
• This position entails frequent travel and medium/long periods out of the office around MEA.
• This position requires the ability to travel and work in construction and industrial environments. Possible work on shifts at Oil Rigs.
• Ability to read,analyze and interpret common scientific and technical documents/drawings, P&IDs, Ladder logic, electrical schematics.
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
• Ability to document, organize and catalog technical information including calibrations, start-up parameters, field verification, site observations, and requests for clarifications.
• Decision making
• Excellent communication skills.
• Strong problem-solving skills and attitude.
• Must be field orientated.
• Basic Knowledge on mechanical, electrical and instrumentation installation activities.
• Must have ability to synthesize information from different engineering disciplines.
• Strong organizational, communication, PLC, controls and PC skills are required.
What will you be doing?
The Commissioning Engineer is one of the key players in project execution, being expert in water treatment equipment commissioning activities.
The following activities are a guideline; others can be part of the job scope:
• EH&S compliance.
• Responsible for commissioning activities associated with municipal and industrial water and wastewater treatment equipment applications and associated components, including pumps, heat ex changers, mixers, pressure vessels, membranes equipment, instrumentation, valves and piping systems.
• Generate commissioning documentation and procedures including schedules and commissioning strategies.
• Capability to analyze contract data to achieve the required performances, specifications.
• Manages and coordinate fabrication and installation activities, on site and in the workshops,to ensure products and systems conform to engineering design and customer specifications.
• Coordinates operation,maintenance,and repair activities to obtain optimum utilization of machines and equipment.
• Evaluates field installations and recommends design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
• Support local Services on troubleshooting, repairs and warranty issues resolution.
• Technical training delivery when needed.
• Site Surveys.
• Direct communication with Project managers and Customers on site.
• Sales support when needed.
• Project co-ordination.
• Support for costing of contracts
• Participating in the team meetings to share best practices.