Your Role and Responsibilities
Reporting to the MEA Communications Director and working as an integral member of IBM s MEA and Global Brand and Communications organization, this role plans and executes internal and executive communications projects in MEA, supporting the IBM MEA General Manager so as to build IBM s brand, aid business growth, and foster positive employee engagement.
Principal areas of focus are Executive and Internal communications.
• Develop and implement an internal communications strategy with clearly defined objectives and measurements and execute flawlessly against these plans.
• Produce compelling content that can applied across different internal and external channels and audiences that amplifies IBM s thought leadership, business solutions, community programs and other business initiatives.
• Develop and execute IBMer engagement (ie employee communication) activities in MEA. Draw on global strategies, programs and assets to customize and execute programs and activities for IBMers locally in MEA.
• Create speeches and written communications for the MEA General Manager. This includes developing and create external communications for speaking engagements by the MEA GM.
• Manage IBM s internal social media sites, promote local programs and initiatives to employees.
Key Performance Indicators of Role
• Creativity and innovation in conceiving executive, social and employee communications.
• Creation of localised communications campaigns that drive greater IBMer engagement.
• Influence on positive IBMer Engagement survey scores.
• Leverage of internal tools to measure effectiveness of campaigns and key communications.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Minimum 8 years communications experience from in-house or PR agency roles
• Solid collaboration skills and ability to influence others.
• Impeccable written English and speaking skills. (Arabic an advantage.)
• Ability to work to tight deadlines.
• Excellent research and analytical skills. Capable of creating captivating content.
• Experience of working at a high level with key executives and providing communications counsel to an executive team.
• Competent event management skills.
• Innovative thinker, detail-oriented and expert collaborator who is able to conceive big ideas and engage others in their execution and delivery.
• Broad understanding of the MEA business, political, social and cultural issues, and ability to translate IBM global themes/messages into locally relevant material.
• Above-average familiarity with information technology, its use in business transformation and the IT sector.
• Strong, self-directed project management
• Familiarity with working in a global enterprise will be a significant advantage.
• Hands-on experience working with executives and senior leaders to drive creative story-telling across both internal and external channels.
• Inspires confidence in their ability to engage with teams internally for success in engagement initiatives.
• A strong team player, with the local, MEA and global teams.
• Owns projects from conception through to execution and results.
• A strong orientation to networking. Able to lead through influence, building collaboration around goals.
• Ability to succeed within the necessarily complex work processes of a large, global corporation.
• Tertiary qualification in Business Communications, Public Relations or Journalism or a closely-related profession is required.