Mechanical Design Engineer - UAE
My client is an engineering, construction, technical, and professional services firm who deliver design/design-build, program/construction management, and other professional services packaged in innovative alternative delivery methods to federal, regional, and local governments
They require a Mechanical design Engineer for their department in Dubai to provide technical support to Engineering Department in the development and execution of various projects related to communities and infrastructure projects.
• Familiar with all Royal Commission codes and standards, General Design Criteria and Technical Guidelines, standard drawings and standard guide specifications.
• Review of A/E contractors design submittals, specifications, technical reports, calculations and coordinate work of other disciplines and departments.
• Preparation of technical specifications and drawings for bid packages related to projects.
• Will implement methods and solutions for complex engineering problems and will select the most efficient and economical manner to meet our client's design objectives.
• Leads other design and engineering personnel in technical excellence and growth.
• Provides technical consultations for interdisciplinary analytically studies and analyses.
• Assists in the review of vendor drawings and shop drawings.
• Prepare conceptual design and layouts.
• Performs field inspection and provide field support as necessary during construction phases.
• Provide response and technical solutions to RFI's raised by Contractors, Operation and Maintenance.
• Coordinate with all relevant stakeholders and government authorities plus developers, consultants and contractors working within the area under study or adjacent areas.
• Develop the hydraulic modelling simulation and design calculations of all pressurised water systems were required by local specifications and codes.
• 5 years experience in the design of mechanical systems for buildings and infrastructure projects.
• Mechanical BSc from an accredited University.
• Be able to provide general mechanical design overview and support on projects involving plumbing, fittings, piping, sprinkler heads, wet and dry sprinkler systems, ductwork, vents, networks, pumps, motors, engines, AC Units, compressors, mechanical/forced and natural ventilation systems. Work may also include power and water/wastewater systems, broad knowledge is preferred.
• Estimate the fire flow needed for building sprinkler systems, heating and air conditioning calculations for various occupational enclosed spaces such as in office buildings, laboratories, power plants, water/wastewater plants, water/wastewater pumping systems etc. based on Master Plan and various building uses.
• Understanding of electrical power loads and electrical requirements associated with mechanical equipment used is required.
•Start Date: ASAP
Industry Type :
Engineering Design & Consulting
Functional Area :