• Must be a U.S. Citizen with a current, valid U. S. Passport and Driver s License
• An active U.S. Secret Clearance is required with currently active clearances preferred, but can process new clearances for qualified candidates
• Primary Location : United Arab Emirates - Al Dhafra Air Base
• 100% Overseas Assignment
• Must have a minimum of five years of design experience. Must also be capable of providing designs, preparing drawings using AutoCAD 2012 or newer, statements of work, AF form 66 submittal registers and project cost estimates.
Responsible for mechanical engineering services including complete design assistance, inspections, determination of HVAC loads, pump sizing/selection, equipment selection, duct sizing and routing, interior plumbing design and fire protection systems. The qualified candidate will work with a team of technicians, engineers, drafters and surveyors to ensure customer satisfaction and timely project completion. Work location is Al Dhafra Air Base (Abu Dhabi, UAE). Meals and lodging are provided.
Major Job Activities:
• Responsible for mechanical project development to include technical writing, selected construction inspections, quality control and submittal reviews beyond the expertise of a construction manager.
• Shall plan and develop projects in the fields of HVAC and Refrigeration, fire suppression, recreational pool systems, water distribution and waste water systems.
• Attends meetings as required, prepares project reports, and specifications IAW with the PWS.
• Verifies accuracy and performs engineering analysis work, including load calculations and equipment sizing.
• Create design requirements based on the statement of work for plumbing systems and fire protection systems.
• May have to travel to areas in the local area outside of the military installation to verify design requirements and quality of work being performed on jobs/projects.
• Solves design and engineering issues for projects.
• Ensures all work areas are kept clean, orderly and in a safe manner.
• Follows all directives concerning environmental laws pertaining to ozone depleting chemicals and disposition of solvents, fluids and other fuels.
• Responsible for proper utilization and safeguarding of all contractor and government provided property.
• Completes training in compliance with OSHA and United States Air Force (USAF) requirements.
• Responsible for precise execution of company time reporting procedures and accurate completion of timesheet.
• Performs other duties as assigned in accordance with contractual, functional, and mission requirements.
Material & Equipment Directly Used:
May be exposed to potentially hazardous conditions that require wear of hard hats, gloves, steel toed boots, hearing protection, safety glasses and other personal protection equipment (PPE); may be required to push, pull and lift heavy equipment. Use of portable or vehicle equipped radios to maintain contact and accountability of work activities.
Work will be indoors and outdoors. Exposure to heat, cold, dust, noise, chemicals may occur. Overtime and shift work may be required depending on contractual needs. Employee must comply with all Federal, State and Local regulations and published Company work rules as well as written instructions. Task specific work environment training will be provided as required . Must be prepared to function in a wartime environment to support U. S. interests. 100% Overseas Assignment.
**Projects will have varying degrees of complexity that may be completed in a few days or several weeks. Most projects will be classified as unspecified minor military construction, maintenance or repair.
• Must hold a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering.
• One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
• Professional Engineer license preferred.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen with a current, valid U.S. Passport.
• Must have and maintain a valid U.S. SECRET Security Clearance prior to deployment.
• Must have a valid U.S. Driver s License and able to drive with a manual transmission.
• Must be able to communicate in English.
• Must be able to pass a flight line access test and obtain flight line access badge.
• Must be able to pass employment and deployment qualification requirements that include psychological, medical, dental, drug testing, background checks, etc.
• Candidates must successfully complete both online and hands on CBRN (chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear) defense training. Training includes the successful fit testing of DoD provided protective gear.
Must have a minimum of five years of design experience. Must also be capable of providing designs, preparing drawings using AutoCAD 2012 or newer, statements of work, AF form 66 submittal registers and project cost estimates.
Physical requirements may include lifting up to 35lb, team lifting up to 50lbs, climbing, extended sitting, or standing, stooping, stretching, and bending.
• Candidates must possess a Secret clearance.
• Must be proficient with AutoCAD 2012 or newer versions and Microsoft programs such as Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point
• Fluent in English with excellent verbal, reading and writing skills.
• Ability to troubleshoot and solve technical problems.
• Exercise discretion and good sound judgment.
• Able and willing to work periods of long hours to meet mission requirements
• Military experience in a contingency environment and knowledge and experience working with government contracts preferred.