Supervises scheduled and unscheduled maintenance repair of pre-engineered humidity controlled metal storage buildings that have air and water tight roll up doors. May also be required to supervise maintenance on hydraulic, electrical and pneumatic security barriers. The selected individual will be responsible for, but not limited to ensuring compliance with the Performance Work Statement (PWS) for the following functions: security barrier electrical systems, hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems, mechanical systems and electronic control stations. Provides leadership and mentors junior personnel to develop appropriate skillsets. Addresses customer facility maintenance concerns in a prompt, professional and courteous manner. Uses provided Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to correctly input data related to maintenance work orders, preventative maintenance inspections, and emergency/urgent customer requests. Ensures personnel correctly capture data on maintenance work order requests and preventative maintenance inspection forms for upload into Maximo.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Analyzes deficiencies in equipment and supervises necessary repairs
2. Supervises technicians while they inspect equipment as necessary conducts repairs or replaces faulty components as needed using a variety of hand tools and equipment
3. Completes mechanical repairs or improvements on a variety of processes, equipment, fixtures, and unit operations
4. Provides technical/operational guidance to ensure compliance with the PWS while delivering desired results
5. Oversees the preventive and corrective maintenance programs
6. Evaluates maintenance requests, sets priorities, and processes work assignments
7. Inspects and tests facility components for proper operation IAW manufacturer’s specifications
8. Inspects hydraulic systems for wear, leaks and proper fluid level IAW manufacturer’s specifications
9. Working with sheet metal parts; repairs and installs hydraulic, pneumatic parts and systems
10. Assists technicians with changing bearings, sprockets, chains, belts, shafts, cylinders, and other interchangeable components
11. Guides technicians in the performance of basic pipefitting, plumbing, threading, and layout
12. Provides reports on maintenance, safety and quality issues
13. Performs other duties as assigned
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
1. Microsoft Office software for producing written documents
2. Hand and power tools required to perform facility maintenance
3. Working knowledge of computer maintenance management systems
Duties will involve the conduct of work in the outdoors with a potential exposure to extreme climatic conditions including frequent dust storms, and high temperatures – up to 130F degrees in the summer months. Potential exposure to chemical or biological agents could exist. Employee use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in certain areas is required. PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing protective devices. Normal work week is 48 hours, but must be able to work overtime or shift work as required.
Physical requirements include lifting, climbing, extended sitting or standing, or other physical efforts that are normally required. In addition, visual acuity, hearing and speaking requirements would be considered. Consider this section carefully; any physical requirements must be able to be tied back to the major job activities. Refer to the general physical requirement, physical activities, visual acuity, and working conditions checklist for more information.