JOB SUMMARY: The Facilities Mechanical Maintenance Technician performs all general and preventive maintenance duties subject to: production equipment, facility and equipment maintenance; plus, equipment inspections. The Facilities Maintenance Technician will be required to use their skill sets in categories such as: mechanical applications and limited Coating operations, with a heavy comprehension of electrical and pneumatic schematics and to perform related work as required. Conducts, maintains, tests and repairs mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems and components. Applies knowledge of mechanical principles in determining equipment malfunctions and applies skills in restoring equipment to operations. Provides skilled mechanical support to all areas of the Manufacturing production; in accordance with NOV Tuboscope Standard Operating Procedures. Reports to Maintenance Lead.
- Function as an Mechanical Maintenance Technician for the Coating, Custom and TK-Liner Plants.
- Perform all Maintenance duties as Per the NOV Tuboscope Standard Operating Procedure.
- Perform necessary qualification tests by the use quality control gauges to verify that the coating equipment meets the SOP.
- Inform the Foreman and Leads or their designee if any disturbance or irregularities in the production flow occurs due to equipment issues.
- Records Daily Maintenance Reports, AIMS, Quality Assurance/Control Reports and all necessary Reports regarding operational issues, outages and downtime.
- Follow all the Company HSEMS, QMS, policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties that maybe assigned by the Plant Manager or his designee.
FACILITY SPECIFIC RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Performs scheduled preventative and general maintenance on all systems to include: electrical, hydraulic, mechanical, pneumatic, motors, conveyor systems, PLC's and various support equipment.
- Performs highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled Preventive maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service. - Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Cleans, lubricates and inspect equipment; required to establish a monthly routine maintenance service schedule for all Forklift and Facility Equipment.
- Communicate with the management team after inspection to promote efficient planning and scheduling.
- Perform duties to continuously improve quality and productivity.
- Maintain a safe, clean work area and supports a safe working environment.
- Assist in equipment maintenance activities as directed.
- Communicate and coordinate necessary information to appropriate department/shift employees to ensure effective operations.
- Follow all appropriate procedures for the accumulation, labeling, on-site transportation, storage, and inspection of materials designated as hazardous waste per Environmental Control instructions.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent required and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience.
- An AA degree or Technical Degree in mechanical, electrical, or industrial maintenance desirable.
- Must be able to work well with all levels of employees; individually or in a team environment, and especially must be able to interface and communicate with operators to assist with repairs and troubleshooting.
- Flexible, able to accept and respond to multi-task assignments quickly and readily.
- Motivated towards productivity improvements, quality consciousness and safety awareness.
- Ability to read and understand electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic schematics and controls.
- Ability to think ahead, anticipates problems, make decisions, and take appropriate action.
- Effective leadership style and ability to use appropriate interpersonal skills to guide individuals/groups towards task accomplishment.
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently.
- Must have overall good work record.
- Must be available to work Day and/or Night Shifts as required and/or assigned.
- Demonstrated capability and willingness to work overtime as necessary.
- Standard work week is 48 hours; possible overtime up to 60 hours per week.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., bend, squat, reach, crouch and kneel, stand for long periods of time, work in unprotected weather elements, ale to wear hard-toed steel boots/shoes and other personal protective equipment subject to job task.
- 4-6 years of proven experience in the mechanical, electrical/electronics, hydraulic and pneumatic fields and the ability to demonstrate high proficiency in these areas are required.
- 3-4 years of previous Production Facility Maintenance experience; desirable.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge of mechanical equipment and systems with the ability to read and comprehend mechanical drawings and schematics.
- Excellent Basic Outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel experience desirable.
- Valid driver's license desirable.
- Forklift operation and license desirable.
Industry Type :
Oil & Gas / Petroleum
Functional Area :
Installation / Maintenance / Operations / Repair